How can I find out, if query is updatable with Jet 4.0 provider in VC++
Author Message
 How can I find out, if query is updatable with Jet 4.0 provider in VC++

Hi

I'm working with MS Jet 4.0 provider with Access database. I need to know,
if SELECT query is updatable or not.

Example: SELECT * FROM table is updatable, but SELECT Count(*) FROM table
isn't. Can I find out this with OLEDB interfaces or I must to parse it
manualy?

Thanks for any help

--

Michal Sartoris

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:31:17 GMT
 How can I find out, if query is updatable with Jet 4.0 provider in VC++
Hi,
    A simple way to check if a rowset is updateable is to check if the oledb
interface IRowsetChange is available. If the interface is available to you,
the rowset is updateable. See the site
http://www.geocities.com/oledbpro/docs/classesrefs/tempclasses/otable...
ons/ot_isreadonly.htm. Wish it is helpful to you.

--
Yuancai (Charlie) Ye
RDB, a tool for fast and securely accessing remote databases with dial-up,

Fast and securely accessing all of remote data sources anywhere with
SocketPro using batch/queue, non-blocking and parallel computation

See 30 well-tested and real OLEDB examples
www.udaparts.com

Quote:
> Hi

> I'm working with MS Jet 4.0 provider with Access database. I need to know,
> if SELECT query is updatable or not.

> Example: SELECT * FROM table is updatable, but SELECT Count(*) FROM table
> isn't. Can I find out this with OLEDB interfaces or I must to parse it
> manualy?

> Thanks for any help

> --

> Michal Sartoris

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 05:07:48 GMT

1. HELP: Nulls values with Jet Provider 4.0

2. How can I create a new database using OLEDB provider for Microsof t Jet Engine 4.0

3. Problem with provider OLE DB jet 4.0

4. ADO/ATL/Jet 4.0 Provider problems with INSERT-sql

5. OLE DB - UPDATABLE(!!!) provider

6. OLE DB - UPDATABLE(!!!) provider

7. ACC97 UPDATE error : Operation must use an updatable query

8. ODBC Error: Operation must use an updatable query.

9. must use an updatable query

10. ODBC error: Operation must use an updatable query

11. VC++ 4.0 Professional vs.Standard query

12. Synchronous Commit Flags / JET Provider / OLEDB