Size limitation on CAnimateCtrl AVIs ???
Author Message
 Size limitation on CAnimateCtrl AVIs ???

Hello there !

Is there a size limitation for animations that can be played with a
CAnimateCtrl object using VC++? If yes, how do I overcome that?

I used a CAnimateCtrl object to play an AVI that is around 3MB in size, and
the video did not play. I tried replacing the same video with a shorter one
(around 250KBytes) and it played perfectly. I was using a dialog to play the
animation.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

---

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:47:32 GMT
 Size limitation on CAnimateCtrl AVIs ???
Naren,
 I don't believe there is a size issue. Check the on-line help for
CAnimateCtrl.  I suspect the 3MB AVI is compressed with something other then
RLE8 (or uncompressed). Or it has palette changes...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/devprods/v...
alc/vcmfc/_mfc_canimatectrl.htm

Hope this helps
Jay

Quote:
> Hello there !

> Is there a size limitation for animations that can be played with a
> CAnimateCtrl object using VC++? If yes, how do I overcome that?

> I used a CAnimateCtrl object to play an AVI that is around 3MB in size,
and
> the video did not play. I tried replacing the same video with a shorter
one
> (around 250KBytes) and it played perfectly. I was using a dialog to play
the
> animation.

> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

> ---

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:56:10 GMT

1. Size limitation on CAnimateCtrl AVIs ???

2. Size limitation on CAnimateCtrl AVIs ???

3. CAnimateCtrl and size of AVI object?

4. Find the size of an CAnimateCtrl?

5. PostedFile HTTP transfer (Size limitations ?)

6. File size limitations under various file systems

7. Resource File Size Limitation

8. DC size limitation?

9. File size limitations user various file systems

10. size limitation of Cdocument class ?

11. mystery file size limitation

12. Reading/Creating AVIs