FORMAT OF CONNECTION STRING TO CONNECT to ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO
Author Message
 FORMAT OF CONNECTION STRING TO CONNECT to ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

Hi experts...
         Anyone can guide me how to give connection string to connect to
oracle database...for SQL server no problem i can identify server thr admin
configuration...but for oracle
_T("driver={};server=;uid=;pwd=;database=;")
what will i have to give for SERVER option.Is it machine name or anything
else..

thanx
ravikumar

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 FORMAT OF CONNECTION STRING TO CONNECT to ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

look at this article, I found this when I was searching for something else-

   http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q179/2/36.ASP

jay

Quote:
> Hi experts...
>          Anyone can guide me how to give connection string to connect to
> oracle database...for SQL server no problem i can identify server thr
admin
> configuration...but for oracle
> _T("driver={};server=;uid=;pwd=;database=;")
> what will i have to give for SERVER option.Is it machine name or anything
> else..

> thanx
> ravikumar

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

2. Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

3. Using OLE DB or ADO to connect Oracle and SQL Server

4. Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you

5. ADO connection string for ORACLE

6. Jet connection string for connecting to a Microsoft Access 2.0 database

7. Question about using Oracle Client to connect Oracle 9i DB (window version)?Thank you

8. connecting to a database with c# using ado.

9. using multiple ADO Connections with the same database

10. ADO: prompt for connection string using DataLinks

11. Problem connecting to ORACLE via ADO - any help appreciated

12. For VC++, ADO or OLEDB is better for connect remote Oracle 9i DB??Thank you