Connection with NT Service and Oracle 8i
Author Message
 Connection with NT Service and Oracle 8i

Hi,

    I created a class for accessing the Oracle 8.1.6 OO4O library functions
in a dll. I am using this wrapper class in the same dll in few functions
exported
to the NT Service. I am not able to execute any of the OO4O library
functions.

    Whereas when, I test this dll with a normal executable,I am able to
execute the OO4O library functions.

    When I access the Oracle 8.1.6 OO4O library functions in a dll directly
(i.e., without using a wrapper class), I am able to execute the OO4O library
functions from the NT service

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vivek

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Connection with NT Service and Oracle 8i
I'm guessing, but your DLL is likely not in the path. Note that if you
service is running under the LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT, then the path is
only taken solely from the system environment variables and no user
environment variables are used.
--
Randy Charles Morin [MVP] - http://www.kbcafe.com/
Author of "Programming Windows Services"

Quote:

> Hi,

>     I created a class for accessing the Oracle 8.1.6 OO4O library
functions
> in a dll. I am using this wrapper class in the same dll in few
functions
> exported
> to the NT Service. I am not able to execute any of the OO4O library
> functions.

>     Whereas when, I test this dll with a normal executable,I am able
> execute the OO4O library functions.

>     When I access the Oracle 8.1.6 OO4O library functions in a dll
directly
> (i.e., without using a wrapper class), I am able to execute the OO4O
library
> functions from the NT service

>     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks
> Vivek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:39:25 GMT
 Connection with NT Service and Oracle 8i
Im having the same problem, and the only USER PATH environment
variables I've set are TEMP and TMP. A few other things I've tried
unsuccessfully:

* Use ODBC data source rather than OLEDB provider: Same error
* Add the System user to the Administrators group: Same error
* Start service as another user (Administrator): Service does not run
at all

The specific text of the error is:
Error: Oracle Client and Networking compenents were not found. These
components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the
Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later cleint software installation.

Provider is unable to function until these componenets are installed.
Code: 80004005
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

Of couse, running this file directly (not using service wrapper)
results in error-free execution.

> I'm guessing, but your DLL is likely not in the path. Note that if you
> service is running under the LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT, then the path is
> only taken solely from the system environment variables and no user
> environment variables are used.
> --
> Randy Charles Morin [MVP] - http://www.kbcafe.com/
> Author of "Programming Windows Services"
> http://www.kbcafe.com/047138576X

> > Hi,

> >     I created a class for accessing the Oracle 8.1.6 OO4O library
> functions
> > in a dll. I am using this wrapper class in the same dll in few
> functions
> > exported
> > to the NT Service. I am not able to execute any of the OO4O library
> > functions.

> >     Whereas when, I test this dll with a normal executable,I am able
> > execute the OO4O library functions.

> >     When I access the Oracle 8.1.6 OO4O library functions in a dll
> directly
> > (i.e., without using a wrapper class), I am able to execute the OO4O
> library
> > functions from the NT service

> >     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks
> > Vivek

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO.NET problems in my C# and Oracle 8i program

2. Visual C 6.0 DLL problem with oracle 8i

3. Database project and Oracle 8i personal edition.

4. Connecting to Oracle 8i using ODBC

5. eMbeded Visual C++ with Oracle 8i Lite

6. How to connect to Oracle 8i?

7. Connection Points in Remote NT Service

8. Connection points between a VB COM-based and ATL COM-based (NT Service) MTA

9. Connection points and NT Service DCOM

10. Remote startup of NT Services from another NT Service

11. nt service(windows service)

12. nt service (windows service)