Reading records using MFC CDaoRecordSet (fast method required!)
Author Message
 Reading records using MFC CDaoRecordSet (fast method required!)

What's the fastest way of loading a record into a structure from a
recordset?
We have records contaning 200 numerical values, thousands of records per
table, we don't want to use a binary attach or anything and DFX transfer
will be pretty slow. Is there a nice way of using GetRows from within MFC?

Thanks in advance.

--
Andy Kassell
Senior Project Engineer

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading records using MFC CDaoRecordSet (fast method required!)

Hey

Quote:
> What's the fastest way of loading a record into a structure from a
> recordset?
> We have records contaning 200 numerical values, thousands of records per
> table, we don't want to use a binary attach or anything and DFX transfer
> will be pretty slow. Is there a nice way of using GetRows from within

MFC?

If u r using Access MDB and CDaoXXX u can open the table using the
dbOpenTable option.. It is much much faster. Try it.

--

Shahar Prish - ECI Telesystems.

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading records using MFC CDaoRecordSet (fast method required!)

2. Problem finding first record using CDaoRecordset class

3. Problem finding first record using CDaoRecordset

4. Help Required: Problems recording sound using MCI

5. MEMORY LEAK using CDaoRecordset Class and AddNew() method

6. ISequentialStream read using attributed code : example required

7. ISequentialStream read using attributed code : example required

8. Using CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecordset from inside an ATL/MFC COM Component

9. Record Locking with reading records

10. CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet

11. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server

12. CDaoRecordset can't find record