ODBC SYSTEM DSN
Author Message
 ODBC SYSTEM DSN

I'm going to write a program involving database
operation.

When I tried to create a MFC project using the
wizard, I found the "database support" means only
the ODBC USER DSN, what I really want in my program
is an ODBC SYSTEM DSN.

I took a look at the "database project", got some idea
that the visual database tool can offer a connection
to the ODBC SYSTEM DSN, however, I don't know how to
use this data connection to link to the CRecordSet or
CDataBase visually.

Also, I need a grid control. I found it in ActiveX
component and added it into my project, but I failed
to bound it to the data connection or CRecordSet or
CDataBase.....

Thanks in advance.

Hunt Black

Wed, 05 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC SYSTEM DSN

If you add a class based on CRecordSet in ClassWizard, You will definitely
get all data sources include system DSN defined in you system. They are
listed together. Just choose the one you want.

Simon Xia

Quote:

>I'm going to write a program involving database
>operation.

>When I tried to create a MFC project using the
>wizard, I found the "database support" means only
>the ODBC USER DSN, what I really want in my program
>is an ODBC SYSTEM DSN.

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC SYSTEM DSN???

2. CDatabase Can't Open System DSN with ODBC 3.0 SDK

3. User DSN vs Sys DSN vs File DSN.

4. how to register new DSN in ODBC Adminstrator ( using C# )

5. file DSN with ODBC-Admin?

6. I wish to add a DSN to my 32-bit ODBC List Programmatically

7. Connecting to an MDB file thru ODBC *without* using DSN

8. SQL server 2000 , a bug related to ODBC DSN ADO related

9. Help! Visual C++ 1.52 ODBC DSN

10. hide odbc DSN

11. How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?

12. DSN less ODBC with CDatabase