Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)
Author Message
 Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

Are you useing the cursor library? If you have a floating point column in
your result set it sometimes fails to match the updated record due to
rounding errors. If this is the case remove either the floating point
column or the cursor lib.

Quote:
> Hi everyone!

> I've got serious problems with the VC++ CRecordset Class. When I use the

> Edit() - Update() member functions I sometimes receive a message that no

> rows have been affected. I've reexamined the sourcecode a couple of
> times, tried different ODBC drivers for the engine (SQL-Server 6.5), but

> nothing seems to help. I've tried with and without BeginTrans() -
> CommitTrans(), still the same result.
> When I try to update the same record in MS-Access, I receive an error
> message as well. It says that another user changed the record while
> editing. This is nonsense since I'm the only user that time and it
> occurs even when I run the DB in single user mode.
> The strange thing is that this appears in about one of 100 records.
> When I try to update the same record via MS-Access-Query (runs ODBC as
> well) everything works fine. Updating using ISQL/w also works.

> By the way: Of course I've included the primary key in the query, so
> even building an "update ... where" statement should do it.

> Hope you can help

> Thanks
> Peter

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

Greetings,

My friend Dave, with whom I work, had an updating problem like this one.
The solution was to roll back to ODBC version 3.0 from 3.5.  We, and
another member of our group, submitted the error to Microsoft.  You may
want to check to see if you are using the most recent version of ODBC, and
if you are, roll back one version.

Good luck!

Quote:
> Hi everyone!

> I've got serious problems with the VC++ CRecordset Class. When I use the

8< ---- snipped plea for help
Quote:
> Thanks
> Peter

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server error when updating via CRecordset

2. SQL Server error when updating via CRecordset

3. Need ID of a record added to SQL-Server using MFC/ODBC/CRecordset

4. Problem updating SQL Server through ODBC/CRecordset

5. CRecordset: Error when adding records SQL Server view

6. Refresh-Posting: UNICODE via ODBC on SQL-Server???

7. Update call to SQL Server with large record never returns

8. Connecting to a SQL server and updating a record using DB Lib

9. Refresh-Posting: UNICODE via ODBC on SQL-Server???

10. Refresh-Posting: UNICODE via ODBC on SQL-Server???

11. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server

12. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server