how to change an Access database password
Author Message
 how to change an Access database password

I know in VB there is method 'NewPassword' of Database can
change the password. But how can I do it with C/C++?

Yijun

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:42:48 GMT
 how to change an Access database password
Hi,

If you are using DAO, you can try the CdbDatabase object in DAO SDK, which has a "NewPassword" method.

See KB article Q230727; it explains how to setup the DAO SDK for VC++.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q230/7/27.asp

I hope this helps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Regards,

Felix Wu
=======================
Need quick answers to questions like these? The Microsoft Knowledge Base provides a wealth of information that you can use to troubleshoot a problem or answer a
question! It's located at http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?M=F>.

--------------------

>Subject: how to change an Access database password
>Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:42:48 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.database

online.de!t-online.de!tkmsftngp01!cpmsftngxa10!cpmsftngxa07

>I know in VB there is method 'NewPassword' of Database can
>change the password. But how can I do it with C/C++?

>Yijun

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:03:33 GMT

1. Change user database password

2. Open a password-protected Access database

3. Error compacting a password-protected Access database

4. Accessing database with a System Password set

5. SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database

6. Password protected Access Database

7. I want to encrypt the password field of my access database

8. How to access NT password database?

9. Changing the Access password in C++

10. AD Change User Password: Access Denied

11. How to access Custom Database Properties of a Access 97 database programmatically

12. Changing the Owner of an Access Database