Failed to initialise Dao/Jet DB
Author Message
 Failed to initialise Dao/Jet DB

Dear All,

I am a bit confused as to which settings or dependencies are different on
different computers regarding my database app.
It is a fairly simple CDaoDatabase based MFC app, and it works fine on most
systems with a recent mfc42.dll. I have tried it on Win95/98/2000 with
Access97 or 2000.
On the majority everything works fine but on a couple of systems, it throws
an exception suggesting a failure to initialise the Jet DB engine. This is
on systems with Access 2000 with Win95 or 98 on so I thought the engine
would be fairly current. It also works on other systems with win 2000,98 or
95.
I am supposing it is something to do with a dependency although the
computers all have dao360.dll installed. Anyone have any ideas what is
missing on these systems??

Many Thanks in advance,

Russell O'Brien
Leicester UK.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:54:21 GMT
 Failed to initialise Dao/Jet DB

You must install DAO SDK before.

Quote:
> Dear All,

> I am a bit confused as to which settings or dependencies are different on
> different computers regarding my database app.
> It is a fairly simple CDaoDatabase based MFC app, and it works fine on
most
> systems with a recent mfc42.dll. I have tried it on Win95/98/2000 with
> Access97 or 2000.
> On the majority everything works fine but on a couple of systems, it
throws
> an exception suggesting a failure to initialise the Jet DB engine. This is
> on systems with Access 2000 with Win95 or 98 on so I thought the engine
> would be fairly current. It also works on other systems with win 2000,98
or
> 95.
> I am supposing it is something to do with a dependency although the
> computers all have dao360.dll installed. Anyone have any ideas what is
> missing on these systems??

> Many Thanks in advance,

> Russell O'Brien
> Leicester UK.

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unable to initialise Jet DAO Database engine

2. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet DB

3. I get error: Unable to Initialize DAO / Jet DB

4. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

5. Unable to initilalize DAO/Jet db engine

6. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

7. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

8. I get error: Unable to Initialize DAO / Jet DB

9. The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000005)

10. MS-Jet DB engine / Access in straight C?

11. Compact a Jet db

12. Redists ADO and JET OLE DB