Requerying recordset blanks out toolbar recordset buttons
Author Message
 Requerying recordset blanks out toolbar recordset buttons

I've recently implemented code to requery a recordset based upon the
value in a ccombobox control.  However when the recordset is updated, the
toolbar record nav buttons become grayed out (and I get an mfc42.dll
error when I exit).  I can traverse the recordset fine via the toolbar
buttons, but if I try to do so via the ccombobox control (which also
works fine), the buttons become disabled and I'm doomed to a crash when I
exit.

Is there anything obvious I may be overlooking?

Thanks for your time,

Bill.

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Requerying recordset blanks out toolbar recordset buttons
I take it you mean the movefirst, movelast movenext etc are grayed out.

When you requery is your recordset at EOF ?

Quote:

>I've recently implemented code to requery a recordset based upon the
>value in a ccombobox control.  However when the recordset is updated, the
>toolbar record nav buttons become grayed out (and I get an mfc42.dll
>error when I exit).  I can traverse the recordset fine via the toolbar
>buttons, but if I try to do so via the ccombobox control (which also
>works fine), the buttons become disabled and I'm doomed to a crash when I
>exit.

>Is there anything obvious I may be overlooking?

>Thanks for your time,

>Bill.

Thu, 07 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Requerying recordset blanks out toolbar recordset buttons

says...

Quote:
> I take it you mean the movefirst, movelast movenext etc are grayed out.

> When you requery is your recordset at EOF ?

Yes that's it, those buttons are greyed out.  It doesn't matter at what
point in the recordset I'm at, whenever I change the contents of the
combo box control, this problem occurs.

I have the combo box filled with the contents of another recordset, so
I'm thinking perhaps that is the source of my problem.  I've been working
on other issues for the past little while but will try and populate the
combo box by another means since the data from the 2nd recordset could be
put into the 1st if necessary.

Thanks for your reply,

Bill.

Quote:

> >I've recently implemented code to requery a recordset based upon the
> >value in a ccombobox control.  However when the recordset is updated, the
> >toolbar record nav buttons become grayed out (and I get an mfc42.dll
> >error when I exit).  I can traverse the recordset fine via the toolbar
> >buttons, but if I try to do so via the ccombobox control (which also
> >works fine), the buttons become disabled and I'm doomed to a crash when I
> >exit.

> >Is there anything obvious I may be overlooking?

> >Thanks for your time,

> >Bill.

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Requerying recordset blanks out toolbar recordset buttons

2. How to disable recordset toolbar buttons?

3. Access violation in Recordset.Open() and Recordset.RecordCount

4. Create a RecordSet within a RecordSet in VC++ ??

5. Problem with ADO recordsets of recordsets under MTS

6. Disabled toolbar buttons appear blank

7. Blank button in taskbar with RasMan

8. How to Convert a DataSet into RecordSet?

9. how to join two recordsets?

10. OLEDB - How to fill ID_EDIT with data from RecordSet

11. Read multiple recordset with one connection

12. Table/Recordset Question