Retrieving Database Information
Author Message
 Retrieving Database Information

Hello everyone!

Who can help me with the following problem. I have a PROGRESS database.
I connect to this database with an ODBC driver. I can ask the database
if it's connected (with CDatabase::IsOpen( )), but this method only
looks if the CDatabase::Open or CDatabase::OPenEx method was previously
called succesful.

When I open the database, then stop the database service and then call
CDatabase::IsOpen() I still get the value of connected to the database.

Who can explain a method to me that dynamically checks if te database
service is running. It should be easier than querying the database every
time I want to know if the service is available.

Ferry

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Retrieving updated information only from MS Access Database w/ MFC DAO

2. Information on system information retrieving...

3. retrieve the connection information

4. DCOM - Retrieving Client information in ATL ActiveX Exe(Server)

5. How to retrieve information from COleVariant???

6. Retrieving version information

7. Retrieve BIOS information

8. Retrieve BIOS information

9. Retrieving logon session information

10. How to retrieve class's information

11. Retrieving List Control Information.

12. Retrieve BIOS information