CRecordset-Predefined query calling VB code
Author Message
 CRecordset-Predefined query calling VB code

I have a predefined query in Access which calls a function defined
within Access (under the Modules tab). The query works fine when run
from within Access, however when I execute it from a CRecordset object
an exception is thrown with the following message:

"Undefined function 'HexToLong' in expression"

HexToLong is the function I defined within Access. Why can the database
engine not find the function when I invoke the query from the CRecordset
but is able to find it when the query is run from Access?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vince Warhol

Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRecordset: predefined queries with parameters that have an apostrophe

2. CRecordset - parameterized predefined queries/stored procedures

3. Predefined Queries and DAO

4. DoFieldExchange and Predefined Queries (ODBC)

5. Predefined Queries (ODBC)

6. Problem sorting predefined query using ODBC

7. VB --> VC++ Code Query

8. How To: write a function in a DLL (coded in VC++) so VB can call it

9. Calling VB code from C++ DLL

10. i need this VB code in c# -- calling COM obj

11. CRecordset & queries

12. CRecordset join query issues