ISAPI & CRecordset "Connection Pooling" Problem
Author Message
 ISAPI & CRecordset "Connection Pooling" Problem

I have run into a serious problem:

I don't see a solution for using CRecordset in an isapi extension to access
my SQL-server database. With "connection pooling" turned on (how do you turn
it off?) I get a message telling me that I must disable the information box
which pops up if a user has not entered all the account information
(noOdbcDialog). This is not possible with CRecordset. (I looked at the code)

So I did the following:

 DataBase = (CDatabase *) new CDatabase;

DataBase->OpenEx("DSN=DataBaseName;UID=sa;PWD=DBPass;",CDatabase::noOdbcDial
og);

  // now create and attach to recordset
  // CServiceDB is CRecordset derived

  ServiceDB = (CServiceDB *) new CServiceDB(DataBase);

  Ret = ServiceDB->Open();

If I don't "open" the CRecordest class I get an Assert telling me the record
is still closed.
If I open it I get a message that the recordset is "read only" when I add a
record. I is not read only!

Any help is much appreciated.

-Andrew T.

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ISAPI & CRecordset "Connection Pooling" Problem

2. CRecordset and "{CALL sp_sqlexec(?)}" syntax problems

3. CONTENT_LENGTH ISAPI Filter variable is "0"

4. isapi filter -"ckymunge"

5. ISAPI extension causes "Internal Server Error"

6. Setting not Null field to ""(empty string) does not work with CRecordset

7. CRecordset's Update seems "delayed"

8. The use if "Like" in CRecordset

9. Setting not Null field to ""(empty string) does not work with CRecordset

10. OleDB Resource pooling Vs. ODBC Connection pooling

11. "Implement Connection Point..." option is missing

12. error: "Connection is busy..."