MS Access Reports, Printing and Viewing
Author Message
 MS Access Reports, Printing and Viewing

I would like to use MS Access 2000 database engine from a Visual C++
application and use it to open to open a specified database, run a
report (within Access) and print the report.
Does anybody have any useful ideas about it? Thanks.

Ruud

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Access Reports, Printing and Viewing

Quote:
> I would like to use MS Access 2000 database engine from a Visual C++
> application and use it to open to open a specified database, run a
> report (within Access) and print the report.
> Does anybody have any useful ideas about it? Thanks.

> Ruud

If you only want to view and print reports you may use the snapshot viewer.
See Q175274 "Microsoft Snapshot Viewer Available in Download Center"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q175/2/74.asp

Otherwise you can buy the Microsoft Office Developer Edition, that includes
a runtime version of Microsoft Access you can redistribute without any
further licence fees.

If you can expect that your users all own a valid licence of Microsoft
Access, you need not to redistribute the runtime. This can be the case if
all users are working in a company that per default roll out a full Office
Professional on all PCs.

In general you will use Automation to start and control an
Access.Application object. This can be done in several ways: straight COM
API ( CoCreateInstance() ), MFC and Type Libraries, or #import directive.

If you decide to use the runtime version you will have to launch it via
ShellExecute() or CreateProcess() and access the running object instance
 in VB: GetObject(); in VC++: see help for CoGetObject() ). I did not try to
use the runtime from VC myself so far.

See:
Q178749 "HOWTO: Create Automation Project Using MFC and a Type Library"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q178/7/49.asp

Q145707 "ACC: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q145/7/07.asp
(unfortunately this article deals with VB. However it shows how to use the
runtime in principle and which methods of the access object model to use for
printing a report.

For #import as an alternative to MFC wrapper classes for the TLB see VC++
online documentation.

Regards,

Andreas Schmiedel
Microsoft Central Europe

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97

2. Creating ActiveX controls to print on MS Access reports

3. Printing MS Access report from MFC program

4. issuing "MS Access" reports through MSVC

5. How add report in MS Access automation ????

6. MS Access Reports

7. MS Access 97 Reports in VC Application?

8. Print Access database report from C++ app?

9. Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

10. Printing Access reports using VC++

11. Printing a Access report from a Win Application

12. Printing an Access report