ADO in Win2000 crashes on Win98
Author Message
 ADO in Win2000 crashes on Win98

some further information:
the problem is cured if I install MDAC2.5 on the target machine.
But I don't want to do this. All our applications are supposed to
be running with ADO2.1 at the moment not 2.5.
Is there any way I can force ADO2.1 in VC?

Mark

Quote:
> I am compiling a MFC application using ADO on a Windows2000 machine.
> When I run it on Win98 or NT4 it crashes on the following line

> pRecordset->PutRefSource(pCommand);

> If I then compile the code on a Win98 or NT4 machine it will work
perfectly.
> I am using the following to add ADO support:

> #import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll" \
>         rename_namespace("ADOCG") rename("EOF", "EndOfFile")
> using namespace ADOCG;

> I am using VC++ 6 with SP3

> Mark

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO in Win2000 crashes on Win98
I am compiling a MFC application using ADO on a Windows2000 machine.
When I run it on Win98 or NT4 it crashes on the following line

pRecordset->PutRefSource(pCommand);

If I then compile the code on a Win98 or NT4 machine it will work perfectly.
I am using the following to add ADO support:

#import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll" \
        rename_namespace("ADOCG") rename("EOF", "EndOfFile")
using namespace ADOCG;

I am using VC++ 6 with SP3

Mark

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO in Win2000 crashes on Win98

Quote:
> some further information:
> the problem is cured if I install MDAC2.5 on the target machine.
> But I don't want to do this. All our applications are supposed to
> be running with ADO2.1 at the moment not 2.5.
> Is there any way I can force ADO2.1 in VC?

change your #import line to

#import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado21.tlb"

Jeff

Quote:

> > I am compiling a MFC application using ADO on a Windows2000 machine.
> > When I run it on Win98 or NT4 it crashes on the following line

> > pRecordset->PutRefSource(pCommand);

> > If I then compile the code on a Win98 or NT4 machine it will work
> perfectly.
> > I am using the following to add ADO support:

> > #import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll" \
> >         rename_namespace("ADOCG") rename("EOF", "EndOfFile")
> > using namespace ADOCG;

> > I am using VC++ 6 with SP3

> > Mark

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help win Bitmap problem please ( MFC game crashing in win98 but not Win2000)

2. ADO and Crash on win98

3. A problem about Composite Control in Win2000 and win98

4. I developed a program in Win2000,when I want to debug it in Win98

5. move from Win98 to Win2000

6. /opt:win98 on Win2000?

7. win98 and win2000

8. win98 and win2000

9. GetOpenFileName() works in Win2000 but not in Win98??

10. ATL component in release mode crashes Win2000 clients

11. VS 6.0 crashes on Win2000 during maco execution

12. Dialog box crash on calling EndDialog on WIN2000 os