Setting Jet Properties in DAO
Author Message
 Setting Jet Properties in DAO

Hi!

How can I set JET-database properties in DAO in my VC++-application ?
In ADO I can set JET OLEDB properties like this:
"Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1" (as part of my connect string; asuming
that I use "the Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" provider).
Is is possible to set these kinds of properties also in DAO ?
I am especially interested in the "database locking mode"-property, as
mentioned above.

Thanks for your efforts.
Klaus

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:57:23 GMT
 Setting Jet Properties in DAO

Quote:
> I am especially interested in the "database locking mode"-property, as
> mentioned above.

I've found the answer for myself.
It is not possbible.
See article Q306435 in the MSDN library (Jan 2002).

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:40:59 GMT
 Setting Jet Properties in DAO
Hello

I would be surprised if it were not possible.

I use DAO and I know it can be done there.

If you review the ADO documentation you should find it.  If it can be done
in Visual Basic you will be able to do it in C++.  Are you using #import?

Angus Comber

Quote:

> > I am especially interested in the "database locking mode"-property, as
> > mentioned above.

> I've found the answer for myself.
> It is not possbible.
> See article Q306435 in the MSDN library (Jan 2002).

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:36:48 GMT

1. I bet no one knows why JNI call to a Jet/DAO DLL hangs

2. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet DB

3. I get error: Unable to Initialize DAO / Jet DB

4. Explain DAO & Jet Operation

5. **** Jet/DAO Initialization Help Needed ****

6. Reliability and Stability of Jet/DAO

7. can't ini dao/jet

8. Bulk loading data using DAO/JET

9. Jet/DAO and multiuser applications

10. "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet engine"

11. DAO/JET 16BIT Visual C

12. DAO/Jet engine redistributable files