FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO
Author Message
 FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

Hi experts...
         Anyone can guide me how to give connection string to connect to
oracle database...for SQL server no problem i can identify server thr admin
configuration...but for oracle
_T("driver={};server=;uid=;pwd=;database=;")
what will i have to give for SERVER option.Is it machine name or anything
else..

thanx
ravikumar

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO
Hi all.,

      _bstr_t  bsConnection = _T("DSN=cetus;UID=iex;PWD=test;");

Thanx..Its working when im depending upon DSN....how about without
DSN...that is if want to connect to Oracle without creating DSN and directly
specifing drivers in connectstring...like below
_T("driver={};server=;uid=;pwd=;database=;")...does Anyone has
idea...because during implementation it would be easier if we are not
depending upon DSN....

thanx for....
Ravikumar

Quote:
> Hi experts...
>          Anyone can guide me how to give connection string to connect to
> oracle database...for SQL server no problem i can identify server thr
admin
> configuration...but for oracle
> _T("driver={};server=;uid=;pwd=;database=;")
> what will i have to give for SERVER option.Is it machine name or anything
> else..

> thanx
> ravikumar

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FORMAT OF CONNECTION STRING TO CONNECT to ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

2. Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

3. Using OLE DB or ADO to connect Oracle and SQL Server

4. Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you

5. Question about using Oracle Client to connect Oracle 9i DB (window version)?Thank you

6. connecting to a database with c# using ado.

7. anyone have simple connectionstring for ms access db using ado

8. Problem connecting to ORACLE via ADO - any help appreciated

9. For VC++, ADO or OLEDB is better for connect remote Oracle 9i DB??Thank you

10. Problem in ADO while connecting with Oracle

11. Connecting to a Oracle Database

12. Connecting to an Oracle Database