How to do a simple SQL to an ODBC database?
Author Message
 How to do a simple SQL to an ODBC database?

The samples always make it so complicated.
I just want to
- open odbc-db
- send an sql (e.g. insert)
- close odbc-db
Where can I find simple code samples or tutorials which cover this?
Thanks, Alex

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do a simple SQL to an ODBC database?
Try
www.mindcracker.com 's ODBC section.

Quote:
> The samples always make it so complicated.
> I just want to
> - open odbc-db
> - send an sql (e.g. insert)
> - close odbc-db
> Where can I find simple code samples or tutorials which cover this?
> Thanks, Alex

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do a simple SQL to an ODBC database?
Look at the documentation for CDatabase::ExecuteSQL.

-Chris

Quote:
> The samples always make it so complicated.
> I just want to
> - open odbc-db
> - send an sql (e.g. insert)
> - close odbc-db
> Where can I find simple code samples or tutorials which cover this?
> Thanks, Alex

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:19:03 GMT

1. ODBC/SQL Database Locks Up

2. C++ Library for database access (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, InterBase, SQLBase and ODBC)

3. Binding an edit control to a date column using ODBC to connect to SQL 6.5 database

4. Regarding simple database modifications using CRecordset (MFC) and ODBC

5. Regarding simple database modifications using CRecordset (MFC) and ODBC

6. Need some simple advice -- ODBC Database Source Code included

7. How do you access remote databases where the database is not registed in the local ODBC

8. sql console app can this be done ?

9. SQL Parameters, what am i doing wrong?

10. Simpler way of doing things in VC7 ATL?

11. Multiple threads doing database access using CRecordset

12. Trouble doing simple things