How do I determine NULL Fields from a CRecordSet object?
Author Message
 How do I determine NULL Fields from a CRecordSet object?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Database programming. Currently I am using a
CRecordSet derived class for reading in data. In a simple test reading
records from an Access database I found that the RFX function replaces
the NULL fields with garbage. (At least if it stayed zero for IDs I
could tell that it was NULL as long as I didn't use 0's for IDs).

Is there any way to determine whether or not a piece of data ( the
field) is NULL or not?

Thanks in advance

Basu

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:38:32 GMT

1. Setting not Null field to ""(empty string) does not work with CRecordset

2. CRecordset & NULL fields

3. Setting not Null field to ""(empty string) does not work with CRecordset

4. Using CRecordset::AddNew() and CRecordset::Edit() with IDENTITY fields

5. Multiple threads doing database access using CRecordset

6. Determine wether a field is empty

7. Determine Stored Proc return fields?

8. Problem Determining the Number of Fields

9. Determine Num Of Records In CRecordset

10. Detecting NULL numeric fields

11. Setting a field NULL

12. Setting DateTime field to Null