Error with SQLExtendedSelect
Author Message
 Error with SQLExtendedSelect

Hello All!

I am currently working on a bug that we are having with our
development project.

We are using an Access 7.0 database with the latest ODBC drivers
downloaded form Microsoft - all with VC++ 4.2 on Windows 95.

I am not real familiar with the general framework of ODBC stuff in
MFC, however - I am using BoundsChecker pro to help narrow some stuff
down.

Using the following call Bounds checker pro is detecting a spot where
the data allocated for m_rgRowStatus is being overwritten with more
bytes than allocated. (Allocated bytes is 2 , Written bytes is 4). The
call states that only one row is being fetched (in pdwRowsFetched),
but either the status for two rows is being returned, or it is
returning a double word instead of one word as it is supposed to. I
believe that becuase dynamic memory is getting overritten, it is
causing some pretty {*filter*} access violations later on.

If anyone has any suggestions on what we may be doing wrong, or what
microsoft is doing wrong, I would sure appreciate it!!

RETCODE CRecordset::FetchData(UWORD wFetchType, SDWORD nRow,
        DWORD* pdwRowsFetched)
{
        RETCODE nRetCode;

 // stuff ommitted
                AFX_ODBC_CALL(::SQLExtendedFetch(m_hstmt, wFetchType,
                        nRow, pdwRowsFetched, m_rgRowStatus));

// more stuff ommitted

        return nRetCode;

Quote:
}

Thanks much,

Kelly McDonald
GREGORY

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. error, error, error !!!

2. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

3. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

4. vs.net + lnk2019 error +lnk 1120 error

5. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

6. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

7. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

8. Error C2061: Syntax Error

9. Compiler Error: tool returned an error

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: unknown error

11. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during BuildImage

12. error PRJ0003: Error spawning 'cl.exe'.