version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao
Author Message
 version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

Hi.

I got a program to work just fine with version 5 of MS VC++ and Access
97.

As of Feb of 2000, 18 months ago, I wanted to be able to use version 6
of MS VC++ and Access 2000.

At that time it didn't work.  Version 6 of MS VC++ could not find the
Access 2000 info, though it could work with the older 97 version of
Access.

It seemes that there was, at that time, a stable though insane error
in the version 6 C++ system that refused to look anywhere in the
registry for the location of the proper version and location of
Access, hence it could ONLY look for the Access 97 version and
location, hard coded into the Version 6 C++ system.  Hence, it could
NOT be upgraded as a tandem of v6 of C++ and Access 2000 without the
folks at Microsoft pulling their respective heads out of their butts
to get these two flagship products to work together.

Has there been any progress with making the DAO Jet engine work
between
these two MS products?

I really could use the help because of a need to have the Access 2000
version working on the targeted machine, and because I bought the
combination of stuff with the idea that these two flagship products of
MS would work together in the same fashion as the previous versions.
Silly me.

There has been plenty of time to turn this horrible situation around,
over 2 years, and I hope that it's done, and I just haven't yet heard
about it.

If there are any MS lurkers here, please email me with whatever you
can to help.

Please don't suggest that I massively rewrite the code that took me so

Microsoft don't have to include this kind of normal migration in their
plans.

I'm {*filter*}ed if I have to rewrite the code.

I'm already {*filter*}ed because the old combination of Access 97 and v5 or
v6 of MS C++ is not a current combo.

This is really a pain in the ass.

Michael

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 06:01:25 GMT
 version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao
You might have more luck asking an MS VC++ group.
Maybe comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc,

IMHO You might also want to refrain from using such colourful language. Most
people on the net are not your beer buddies and might not like such
language.
I know it can be upsetting to be stuck but in my experience swearing is a
sure way not to get any replies.

--
FFMG
Please remove _NOSPAM in email address for reply.

Quote:
> Hi.

> I got a program to work just fine with version 5 of MS VC++ and Access
> 97.

> As of Feb of 2000, 18 months ago, I wanted to be able to use version 6
> of MS VC++ and Access 2000.

> At that time it didn't work.  Version 6 of MS VC++ could not find the
> Access 2000 info, though it could work with the older 97 version of
> Access.

> It seemes that there was, at that time, a stable though insane error
> in the version 6 C++ system that refused to look anywhere in the
> registry for the location of the proper version and location of
> Access, hence it could ONLY look for the Access 97 version and
> location, hard coded into the Version 6 C++ system.  Hence, it could
> NOT be upgraded as a tandem of v6 of C++ and Access 2000 without the
> folks at Microsoft pulling their respective heads out of their butts
> to get these two flagship products to work together.

> Has there been any progress with making the DAO Jet engine work
> between
> these two MS products?

> I really could use the help because of a need to have the Access 2000
> version working on the targeted machine, and because I bought the
> combination of stuff with the idea that these two flagship products of
> MS would work together in the same fashion as the previous versions.
> Silly me.

> There has been plenty of time to turn this horrible situation around,
> over 2 years, and I hope that it's done, and I just haven't yet heard
> about it.

> If there are any MS lurkers here, please email me with whatever you
> can to help.

> Please don't suggest that I massively rewrite the code that took me so

> Microsoft don't have to include this kind of normal migration in their
> plans.

> I'm {*filter*}ed if I have to rewrite the code.

> I'm already {*filter*}ed because the old combination of Access 97 and v5 or
> v6 of MS C++ is not a current combo.

> This is really a pain in the ass.

> Michael

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 06:22:43 GMT
 version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

Quote:
> Hi.

> I got a program to work just fine with version 5 of MS VC++ and Access
> 97.

So why ask in comp.lang.c++ ?? It only caters for questions on the C++
language _ALONE_
See the FAQ on this
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#[5.8]

Hope this helps

Stephen Howe

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:42:11 GMT
 version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao
Are you using the DAO SDK?  If so, you need to update to DAO 3.6. See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q230/7/27.asp and search it for DAO.

If you are using MFC see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q236/9/91.ASP

Post if you still need help.

Quote:

> > Hi.

> > I got a program to work just fine with version 5 of MS VC++ and Access
> > 97.

> So why ask in comp.lang.c++ ?? It only caters for questions on the C++
> language _ALONE_
> See the FAQ on this
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#[5.8]

> Hope this helps

> Stephen Howe

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:38:57 GMT

1. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

2. how to open ms access 2000 mdb via vc++ and dao

3. Accessing an Ms Access 2000 Query using VC++, via ODBC

4. How to read Access 2000/2002 DB using VC++ 6 and DAO

5. Accessing versions of Access using VC++ & DAO

6. Problem accessing Access 2000 database using DAO. - URGENT

7. DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000

8. Solutions for using DAO on Access 2000 (Y2K)

9. Using DAO to access 2000

10. Accessing Access 2000 via DAO

11. how to use DAO to access ACCESS 2000

12. Using MS VC++ to access MS Excel Spreadsheet objects