Where is the code for the Next Record toolbar button?
Author Message
 Where is the code for the Next Record toolbar button?

I'm trying to modify the code that is executed when a user presses the
Next Record button in a standard AppWizard-generated database app.  I'd
like to view the code that is normally executed when this button is
pressed, but can't find it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What I'd like to do is simply advance to the next record in the recordset
and display the values in the various form controls, but also to update a
combobox control independently based on the new values in some of the
controls.

I don't know how to do this and I think the default code would help me
figure out how to accomplish this task.

Thanks,

Bill (newbie VC programmer)

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the code for the Next Record toolbar button?

Quote:
>I'm trying to modify the code that is executed when a user presses the
>Next Record button in a standard AppWizard-generated database app.  I'd
>like to view the code that is normally executed when this button is
>pressed, but can't find it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Maybe you are running into what I ran into in Visual Basic.  Some
of the options use the data control which has next and previous buttons
and takes care of this internally and you miss out on a lot of useful
examples.

In order to get all of the sample code, pick the options that generate
a sample app using only a recordset, no data control and controls
everything through software (make sure the previous, next controls are
actually seperate command buttons and not part of one control).

--
Juris Baidins

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the code for the Next Record toolbar button?
Hello, Bill Cranston !

Quote:
> I'm trying to modify the code that is executed when a user presses the
> Next Record button in a standard AppWizard-generated database app.  I'd
> like to view the code that is normally executed when this button is
> pressed, but can't find it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> What I'd like to do is simply advance to the next record in the recordset
> and display the values in the various form controls, but also to update a
> combobox control independently based on the new values in some of the
> controls.

> I don't know how to do this and I think the default code would help me
> figure out how to accomplish this task.

CRecordView::OnMove (dbview.cpp) - in case of ODBC
CDaoRecordView::OnMove (daoview.cpp) - in the case of DAO

--
WBR, Alexander Astapchuck

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the code for the Next Record toolbar button?
Ok thanks Alexander, Juris.

Quote:
> Hello, Bill Cranston !

> > I'm trying to modify the code that is executed when a user presses the
> > Next Record button in a standard AppWizard-generated database app.  I'd
> > like to view the code that is normally executed when this button is
> > pressed, but can't find it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> > What I'd like to do is simply advance to the next record in the recordset
> > and display the values in the various form controls, but also to update a
> > combobox control independently based on the new values in some of the
> > controls.

> > I don't know how to do this and I think the default code would help me
> > figure out how to accomplish this task.

> CRecordView::OnMove (dbview.cpp) - in case of ODBC
> CDaoRecordView::OnMove (daoview.cpp) - in the case of DAO

> --
> WBR, Alexander Astapchuck

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ToolBar Next Previous Record stays Grayed

2. Previous Next Record Toolbar No Work

3. Adding a Arrow next to a button on ToolBar

4. Where is the code for the Next Record toolbar button?

5. Q: How to dock a Toolbar next to the First Toolbar

6. Owner draw button in replacement of the next/back button in a CPropertySheet in Wizard mode

7. How do I get to the next record ???????

8. Toolbar question (Generation NEXT)

9. 2 toolbar next to each other

10. Toolbar button shows up after toolbar is moved????

11. How top place an AVI within the toolbar, just as one of those toolbar buttons

12. Toolbars auto-repositioning on next line