Accessing databases.
Author Message
 Accessing databases.

Hi,

 Im developing a database application, at first, I used MFC classes to
access data in an SQLServer database but sometimes queries were too slow and
Im thinking about changing the way the application accesses the database.
Ive seen theres a kind of project called "database project" that links a
datasource with the project. The problem is that the information Ive found
in the help of Visual C++ is not telling me too much about how I can create
the code to access the database.... Could someone tell me if theres any
book, web page or so , that I can use to get more information about this
kind of projects?

Regards,

Juan

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:38:42 GMT
 Accessing databases.

Quote:

>Hi,

> Im developing a database application, at first, I used MFC classes to
>access data in an SQLServer database but sometimes queries were too slow and
>Im thinking about changing the way the application accesses the database.
>Ive seen theres a kind of project called "database project" that links a
>datasource with the project. The problem is that the information Ive found
>in the help of Visual C++ is not telling me too much about how I can create
>the code to access the database.... Could someone tell me if theres any
>book, web page or so , that I can use to get more information about this
>kind of projects?

Take a look at the Enrol sample.

The simplest way to do this is to set up an ODBC link to your
database, then use Class Wizard to create CRecordset-derived classes
for each table.

HTH

Paul.
Expressed opinions are usually my own.
Especially if they're any good (of course).

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:32:01 GMT
 Accessing databases.
A good book to reference would be Visual C++ Unleashed by Sams publishing.
You can look at it through this link ->

http://www.sams.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id={0464616D-3AD1-4160-BCAF-
0B85B3D5213B}

Quote:
> Hi,

>  Im developing a database application, at first, I used MFC classes to
> access data in an SQLServer database but sometimes queries were too slow
and
> Im thinking about changing the way the application accesses the database.
> Ive seen theres a kind of project called "database project" that links a
> datasource with the project. The problem is that the information Ive
found
> in the help of Visual C++ is not telling me too much about how I can
create
> the code to access the database.... Could someone tell me if theres any
> book, web page or so , that I can use to get more information about this
> kind of projects?

> Regards,

> Juan

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:45:39 GMT

1. Emergency question on c# access remote Access Database from ASP.net

2. Accessing Data from an Access database from a Web Server

3. accessing an access database

4. Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box

5. Help with ADO access to an Access database

6. Accessing MS Access Databases in VC++

7. Accessing Data from an Access database from a Web Server

8. (Q) Access a ole object/blob from an ACCESS Database

9. Accessing an Access database within a Thread ?

10. Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

11. ! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program

12. Connecting C# to Access database