Creating a new database with DAO (Other than Microsoft Jet Database) 
Author Message
 Creating a new database with DAO (Other than Microsoft Jet Database)

Hi there!

I would like to create a new database with DAO. I don't want to limit myself
to the Microsoft Jet Database... I would like to be able to create database
of any type...

I would appreciate any insight on this problem... Of course, a sample would
be perfect! :-)

Regards!

Denis Lavoie
Programmeur-Analyste
PG Systmes d'Information



Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Creating a new database with DAO (Other than Microsoft Jet Database)
DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB, and Jet are not databases.  They are different ways to
read/write to a database.
I suggest you read a book.  I recommend: Teach Yourself Database Programming
with Visual C++ 6.

You can read the book online at:
http://pbs.mcp.com/index.cfm

*:> Scott

Quote:

> Hi there!

> I would like to create a new database with DAO. I don't want to limit myself
> to the Microsoft Jet Database... I would like to be able to create database
> of any type...

> I would appreciate any insight on this problem... Of course, a sample would
> be perfect! :-)

> Regards!

> Denis Lavoie
> Programmeur-Analyste
> PG Systmes d'Information


--
--------------------------------------------------
Scott Metzger
http://yoyodyne.virtualave.net/
Yo Yo Dyne Technologies, Your source for RPG Software


Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Creating a new database with DAO (Other than Microsoft Jet Database)
Hi there!

Thank you for your recommendation!

I'm sorry for the confusion but I meant that I want to create database
regardless of their format... I want my application to be able to create
DBase files, Access files, Sybase SQL Anywhere files, Oracle files, etc...

Any suggestions?

Regards!

Denis Lavoie



Quote:
> DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB, and Jet are not databases.  They are different
ways to
> read/write to a database.
> I suggest you read a book.  I recommend: Teach Yourself Database
Programming
> with Visual C++ 6.

> You can read the book online at:
> http://pbs.mcp.com/index.cfm

> --------------------------------------------------
> Scott Metzger
> http://yoyodyne.virtualave.net/
> Yo Yo Dyne Technologies, Your source for RPG Software



Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Help- DAO database conversion from Microsoft Jet 3.0 to 4.0

2. How can I create a new database using OLEDB provider for Microsof t Jet Engine 4.0

3. HELP REQUIRED TO CREATE A NEW DAO DATABASE

4. Creating a new ODBC database dynamically with DAO

5. User level security in JET database from VC++ and DAO

6. DAO and secured JET databases

7. Using Jet 4.0 Unicode databases with DAO

8. Jet connection string for connecting to a Microsoft Access 2.0 database

9. Unable to initialise Jet DAO Database engine

10. DAO Jet Database corruption

11. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file

12. Restructuring a Microsoft Access database using VC++ 5 and DAO

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software