DAO and ISAPI
Author Message
 DAO and ISAPI

Does anyone know what the error REGDB_E_IIDNOTREG means? when I call my
isapi DLL from outside IIS it works fine using DAO, but when I run it from
IIS it gives this error code.

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO and ISAPI

You should not use DAO when writing ISAPI dll's because IIS makes a new
thread
for every incoming request but DAO must run in the main Apartment thread
(which
you do not have access to in ISAPI dll's)
Try ODBC, it will most likely work.  But if you are accessing MSAccess
databases
you'll have to be very careful, because the jet engine is NOT thread-safe.
In other
words multiple requests for your dll could very easily cause your webserver
crash!

Tomas

Quote:
> Does anyone know what the error REGDB_E_IIDNOTREG means? when I call my
> isapi DLL from outside IIS it works fine using DAO, but when I run it
from
> IIS it gives this error code.

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DAO and ISAPI

2. DAO and ISAPI

3. DAO and ISAPI

4. DAO and ISAPI

5. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

6. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

7. Calling DAO directly from MFC DAO classes

8. MFC DAO or DAO SDK.

9. How to go from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6

10. mfc dao vs. dao sdk

11. Can not read contents of field with the DAO SDK (Not MFC DAO)

12. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5