Password access??
Author Message
 Password access??

I have an application that opens up an Access database (CDaoDatabase)
for which the Access database contains attached tables from an
Oracle database on a Unix server. All works well but I do have an
annoying problem. When the .Execute is encountered ( for adding a
record to the database ) the "login" form appears on the screen
asking for a the database username password. How do I get around this
login form?

THANKS!!

Dale

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Password access??

I may be wrong about this, but I remember reading that security and
synchronization are the two major jet features not supported be the DAO
classes.  You have to do them directly through the Jet SDK.

Quote:
> I have an application that opens up an Access database (CDaoDatabase)
> for which the Access database contains attached tables from an
> Oracle database on a Unix server. All works well but I do have an
> annoying problem. When the .Execute is encountered ( for adding a
> record to the database ) the "login" form appears on the screen
> asking for a the database username password. How do I get around this
> login form?

> THANKS!!

> Dale

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows Password access

2. Password access??

3. AD Change User Password: Access Denied

4. Access passwords through MFC Application and page faults

5. Open a password-protected Access database

6. Error compacting a password-protected Access database

7. Passwords and opening Access db's

8. Accessing database with a System Password set

9. Access, CCommand and passwords...

10. SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database

11. How to access Password protected .MDB file

12. how to change an Access database password