Accessing MS SQL-Server via ADO
Author Message
 Accessing MS SQL-Server via ADO

Hi,

I have to access a SQL database with multiple tables and round about
1.6 million entries. The client is written in C++ and accesses the
database through the ADO interface.

At clients' startup I need to read in all existing records using
'SELECT * FROM Table'. I have encountered one problem depending on the
operating system the client is running on. On Windows 2000 and Windows
XP everything is fine, all the records gets loaded without any error.

However, on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation (Service Pack 6a installed), I
get the following ADO error while retrieving the records:

'-2147217915 (0x80040e05) An object was open.'

Since I was not able to find any kind of further information on the
internet yet, I would appreciate if anybody could help me out with
this - at least explaining the mentioned error description.

Regards,

am_

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:32:09 GMT

1. Help:Accessing SQL server thro' MS-Access

2. Need help adding to table via ADO.NET (MS Access database)

3. accessing MS SQL server

4. Using ADO for SQL Server data access

5. ADO to access an SQL Server 7.0 database

6. Database access with ado , rds2.1 and sql server 7

7. Using ADO for SQL Server data access

8. Using ADO for SQL Server data access

9. Using ADO for SQL Server data access

10. MS server doesn't display messages posted via AT&T Worldnet server

11. MS server doesn't display messages posted via AT&T Worldnet server

12. Perform SQL statement in VC++ against MS SQL Server 7.0