Auto Completion does not work properly!!!
Author Message
 Auto Completion does not work properly!!!

I have two projects - Project A and Project B.

Project B depends on Project A [using class from Project A]. I set the
dependency in Visual C++.

I found that the auto statement completion does not work well for some
cases. For example, I made a new member function to class in Project A. By
right the statement completion shall reflect the change with a new member
function in the member list.

However, it does not include the newly added member function in the member
list.

I need to 'set the Project A as active project', then only the Auto
Completion gives the updated view of member list with a new member function.
The same error happens again once I set Project B as active project. And
actually Project B is the active project because I am doing coding with
Project B.

Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:52:31 GMT
 Auto Completion does not work properly!!!
One problem is that the .ncb file could be confused. Try deleting the
.ncb file(s) and see if that fixes the problem. It seems to happen to
me about once a month or so, and I get very strange results.
                        joe

Quote:
>I have two projects - Project A and Project B.

>Project B depends on Project A [using class from Project A]. I set the
>dependency in Visual C++.

>I found that the auto statement completion does not work well for some
>cases. For example, I made a new member function to class in Project A. By
>right the statement completion shall reflect the change with a new member
>function in the member list.

>However, it does not include the newly added member function in the member
>list.

>I need to 'set the Project A as active project', then only the Auto
>Completion gives the updated view of member list with a new member function.
>The same error happens again once I set Project B as active project. And
>actually Project B is the active project because I am doing coding with
>Project B.

>Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:12:54 GMT
 Auto Completion does not work properly!!!
It works!! Yes, your reply helps me to solve the problem. Thanks a lot!!!

What does .ncb file do?

Quote:
> One problem is that the .ncb file could be confused. Try deleting the
> .ncb file(s) and see if that fixes the problem. It seems to happen to
> me about once a month or so, and I get very strange results.
> joe

> >I have two projects - Project A and Project B.

> >Project B depends on Project A [using class from Project A]. I set the
> >dependency in Visual C++.

> >I found that the auto statement completion does not work well for some
> >cases. For example, I made a new member function to class in Project A.
By
> >right the statement completion shall reflect the change with a new member
> >function in the member list.

> >However, it does not include the newly added member function in the
member
> >list.

> >I need to 'set the Project A as active project', then only the Auto
> >Completion gives the updated view of member list with a new member
function.
> >The same error happens again once I set Project B as active project. And
> >actually Project B is the active project because I am doing coding with
> >Project B.

> >Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

> Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer
> MVP Tips: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:06:07 GMT
 Auto Completion does not work properly!!!
it stores all the information used by classview and the intellisense

Quote:
> It works!! Yes, your reply helps me to solve the problem. Thanks a lot!!!

> What does .ncb file do?

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:10:23 GMT

1. Auto Completion does not work properly!!!

2. Auto Completion does not work properly!!!

3. Intellesense/auto completion not working.

4. Auto Complete feature does not work properly in Visual C++ 6.0

5. Auto Complete feature does not work properly in Visual C++ 6.0

6. Auto Complete feature does not work properly in Visual C++ 6.0

7. CFile not working properly, can't figure out why (last message not sent properly)

8. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

9. Syntax auto-completion feature ONLY partially works

10. Auto Statement completion not orking with Lib

11. statement completion not working

12. Tab key to tab between controls does not work properly