Help - Locking issue in sql server 2k in 6.5 comp mode
Author Message
 Help - Locking issue in sql server 2k in 6.5 comp mode

I am having an issue and figured this was the best place
to post it. Hopefully someone out there can help.

We have an internal application that uses DB-Library to
handle database communications. One of the things we do
is use a function dbtabbrowse for running queries in
browse mode. Doing this allows us to update the record
sets that are generated by a select statement. What we're
seeing is that the initial select statement, that
retrieves the record set, blocks the update statement,
that is called after the select statement has returned
with the record set. This blocking issue is causing havoc
within our system since the query never returns. Has
anyone ever experienced this problem? If so, is there a
fix for it that doesn't require a major application
change?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eric

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:09:12 GMT

1. Help! CRecordset/SQL Server 6.5

2. sql server version 6.5 problems

3. SQLConnect behaviour (MS SQL Server 6.5)

4. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from 16 bit ODBC Application (VC++ 1.5)

5. ADO Update very slow against SQL Server 6.5

6. DAO vs ODBC for SQL Server 6.5

7. SQL Server 6.5/ ADO

8. Connection is busy with results - VC++ 1.52, SQL Server 6.5, ODBC

9. Wrong German Umlaute in SQL SERVER 6.5 (NT)

10. VC++ Enterprise boxed with MS SQL Server, Developer Edition 6.5

11. CLongBinary SQL Server 6.5 Images

12. SQLGetData Fails on Multiple Active Statement Handles with SQL Server 6.5