OLE DB
Author Message
 OLE DB

i'm using the "MSDAORA" ole db provider to access an oracle database. My
program open many connection ( about 40 connections). I get frequently
this error message "End on communication Channel". I didn't find the
source of this problem and how to fix it. Please help me.

thank you

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE DB
In article

Quote:

> i'm using the "MSDAORA" ole db provider to access an oracle database.
My
> program open many connection ( about 40 connections). I get frequently
> this error message "End on communication Channel". I didn't find the
> source of this problem and how to fix it. Please help me.

> thank you

I don't have an answer to your problem.  But I would like you to
provide me with some info as to how you have programmed to open
multiple connections.  I have a similar program where in I have to open
about 100 connections (SQL Server to multiple oracle dbs).  I will have
to open maximum number of connections at the same time.  I am working
on using linked servers, and I have already looked into DTS and
BulkInserts.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Asha

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE DB
In article

Quote:

> i'm using the "MSDAORA" ole db provider to access an oracle database.
My
> program open many connection ( about 40 connections). I get frequently
> this error message "End on communication Channel". I didn't find the
> source of this problem and how to fix it. Please help me.

> thank you

I don't have an answer to your problem.  But I would like you to
provide me with some info as to how you have programmed to open
multiple connections.  I have a similar program where in I have to open
about 100 connections (SQL Server to multiple oracle dbs).  I will have
to open maximum number of connections at the same time.  I am working
on using linked servers, and I have already looked into DTS and
BulkInserts.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Asha

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE DB
Quote:
> i'm using the "MSDAORA" ole db provider to access an oracle database.
My
> program open many connection ( about 40 connections). I get frequently
> this error message "End on communication Channel". I didn't find the
> source of this problem and how to fix it. Please help me.

> thank you

I don't have an answer to your problem.  But I would like you to
provide me with some info as to how you have programmed to open
multiple connections.  I have a similar program where in I have to open
about 100 connections (SQL Server to multiple oracle dbs).  I will have
to open maximum number of connections at the same time.  I am working
on using linked servers, and I have already looked into DTS and
BulkInserts.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Asha

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

hi Asha,
my application uses the multiyhreding technics. I create many thread and
evrey thread create its own connection.If you give more details i can
help you better.
good luck.
Bechir

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE DB

Hi,
Can you chack the MAX CONCURRENT CONNECTIONS Server property
(And if it's limited to too less, change it...)

Hope it will help
Ofir

Quote:
> i'm using the "MSDAORA" ole db provider to access an oracle database. My
> program open many connection ( about 40 connections). I get frequently
> this error message "End on communication Channel". I didn't find the
> source of this problem and how to fix it. Please help me.

> thank you

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE DB Close DB Connection w/MSSQL 6.5

2. Best db API ADO or OLE DB for highly efficient code

3. How to manage Db access with OLE DB Consumer Templates in COM

4. OLE DB: retrieving NUMERIC field from an Oracle 8.1.5 DB

5. OLE DB Close DB Connection w/MSSQL 6.5

6. .NET equivalent for ole/db?

7. DBF file connection w/ OLE DB

8. ole db error

9. VC++.NET OLE DB Unmanaged Code samples (How to Update Data)

10. ATL OLE/DB consumer

11. ATL OLE DB consumer using attribute -- information?

12. ODBC <-> OLE DB