OleDb and Oracle Stored Procedures
Author Message
 OleDb and Oracle Stored Procedures

I have an oracle procedure that I call from with in my VC++ ATL com object
like so:
LPSTR  szsql= "(call ProcA( {resultset 500, param1, param2, param3}));
And then use this to get a rowset for a CCommand object.

My stored procedure returns an array of 500 elements for each of the params.

But I would like to return a cursor instead so that I do not incorrectly set
the array size.

Is this a possible task between Oracle and VC++?

regards
Salvatore Lentini

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 OleDb and Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi Salvatore, When I try the same thing, CCommand tells me, that there are
errors in command. Could you show me the stored procedure ?

When I use ADO, my stored procedure (using a REF CURSOR ) returns a
recordset as expected, so it must be OLE DB giving me a hard time.

You could try to use ADO, if you dont insist on using the ATL Consumer
Templates.

I am using Oracle 8.0.4 with the MSDORA OLE DB Provider from MDAC 2.5.

Quote:
> I have an oracle procedure that I call from with in my VC++ ATL com object
> like so:
> LPSTR  szsql= "(call ProcA( {resultset 500, param1, param2, param3}));
> And then use this to get a rowset for a CCommand object.

> My stored procedure returns an array of 500 elements for each of the
params.

> But I would like to return a cursor instead so that I do not incorrectly
set
> the array size.

> Is this a possible task between Oracle and VC++?

> regards
> Salvatore Lentini

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems passing parameters to ORACLE stored procedure with ATL/OLEDB

2. Problems calling Oracle stored procedures from VC++ over ADO(OLEDB)

3. Calling stored procedure with OLEDB?

4. how to using OLEDB access the SQL store Procedure

5. Connecting to oracle using stored proc. (oledb)

6. Help with VC++ / OLEDB / Stored procedures....

7. Execute stored procedure using OLEDB

8. passing array to stored procedure with oledb

9. Calling stored procedure with OLEDB?

10. how to pass array to oracle stored procedure?

11. execv function fails when used as an Oracle external stored procedure

12. Oracle/C++ stored procedure call