Connection Error...Need expert advise
Author Message
 Connection Error...Need expert advise

Hi All,

Here is the scenario:

We have SQL server 2000 and another application installed in the same
server.
From time to time, the other application (not SQL) spikes the CPU for
some seconds (< 5 sec). When that happens, our clients start timing
out
in transactions and ultimately we get a:

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (recv()).]General network error. Check your
network documentation.

From that point on, all further transactions fail reporting
"Connection failure", as the original connection is apparently
corrupt.

We are using a ADO Connection to transact with our server. My
understanding
is that, internally, the ADO Connection object periodically "pings"
the
server to check if it is alive or not. In the case the server is very
busy (as in our case), I wonder if the Connection did not receive the
response to the ping in time, assumed that the server was dead, and
invalidated
itself.

If that is the case, is there a way to tell the connection to stay
alive
despite such hickups or to extend the intervalls between pings of the
timeout for the ping.

Any help and comments will be greatly appleciated.

Thanks
CD

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:04:31 GMT

1. Need an advise from some experts.............

2. Seek advise from C expert

3. Seek Advise From C expert!

4. Compile Error=> Need help from expert

5. Needed help from Expert to slove my error

6. How we access cookiee return by Advise method of connection point on client side

7. How we access cookiee return by Advise method of connection point on client side

8. Advise from the client lauch internet connection dialog on the server

9. Control Events Myth - Advise Sink vs Connection Point?

10. Need help: Connection Error 80004005

11. C-beginner needs advise for string function

12. Advise need to approach a problem ?