How to determine which version of DAO to use?
Author Message
 How to determine which version of DAO to use?

Hi, all!

I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP 5 on win2000Pro OS and I'm writing an app that should
be able to create new MDB database or update the existing one. When creating
a new database, I would like to determine whether the system supports DAO
3.6 engine and if so, create an Access 2000 compatible database. If not, the
database must be compatible  with Access 97. If I dont use the line:
    AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0601;
the sytem by default creates an Access 97 compatible database. So I put the
upper line to my code and everything works just fine on my machine.

But on the other machine that has Access 97 installed, I get error message
"Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine" when I try to open a database that
my app created a while ago on omy machine.

Basicaly, I would like my app to be able to recognize what database format
system supports and regarding that, to create either Access 97 or Access
2000 compatible database.

So, how to determine what version to use?

Thanks,

Robi

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:24:13 GMT
 How to determine which version of DAO to use?
Simplest is to Check if

"Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"

is in the Registry....

Quote:

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:34:18 GMT
 How to determine which version of DAO to use?
Can you be more specific, where in Registry should I check? I'm pretty fresh
in database programming and I never used registry settings untill now.

Robert

Quote:
> Simplest is to Check if

> "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"

> is in the Registry....

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:21:03 GMT

1. Which DAO-Version will be used?

2. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

3. Accessing versions of Access using VC++ & DAO

4. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

5. Determining JET SP with DAO

6. C++ Compiler option for using version 5 under version 6

7. Using new RichEditCtrl 2.0 version in place of the old 1.0 version

8. How to Determine Current STL Version?

9. Determine assembly version at runtime

10. MFC42.dll Problem - AND How do I determine version

11. How Do I Determine MDAC Version Programmatically?

12. Determining VC++ version