Help with Open exclusive through ODBC with Foxpro database
Author Message
 Help with Open exclusive through ODBC with Foxpro database

Hi, I need help trying use my program writing in Visual C++ using the
Foxpro as a database.  I am using the CDatabase class, but when I
tried to use the ALTER TABLE or the PACK command, I get a 'Database
must be open exclusive' error.  The help manual said that CDatabase
must be open with the exclusive flag as false or there's an ASSERTION
error.  I like to know if there's any other way around this.  Can I
use the CDaoDatabase class or something?  Seems like I can only use
that class for Access database with .mdb file.

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC: Microsoft Text Driver exclusive open only?

2. ODBC: Microsoft Text Driver exclusive open only?

3. DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

4. Database settings -- Visual C++ used with Visual FoxPro database

5. Leave an ODBC database open ?...

6. How to open secured database through ODBC without sending UID and PWD in connection string

7. problem in using Recordset to open ORACLE database via ODBC system data source

8. ODBC and Oracle: Can connect, but cannot open recordset or get database name

9. Open a file in exclusive mode

10. exclusive file open in windows and linux

11. win api to open file "exclusive"

12. Newbie Fast ODBC updates to Visual FoxPro ?