Problem with adding records
Author Message
 Problem with adding records

Please bear with me, I am still learning... :).  I am trying to put in
all the code to add, edit, and delete records in my program, and am
not having too much trouble, but before the user finishes editing the
record (ie, before they hit the save button, and the program calls
Update() on the recordset), I want to check and make sure one of the
values they entered is valid, but I can't seem to figure out where it
stores that data.  I have looked in the help, and it keeps telling me
that it stores it in an edit buffer, but it doesn't tell me where, or
how I can access it. Can someone please just point me in the right
direction?  Any help would be much appreciated.

  "May you live as long as you like, and love as long as you live."

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with adding records

Quote:

> Please bear with me, I am still learning... :).  I am trying to put in
> all the code to add, edit, and delete records in my program, and am
> not having too much trouble, but before the user finishes editing the
> record (ie, before they hit the save button, and the program calls
> Update() on the recordset), I want to check and make sure one of the
> values they entered is valid, but I can't seem to figure out where it
> stores that data.  I have looked in the help, and it keeps telling me
> that it stores it in an edit buffer, but it doesn't tell me where, or
> how I can access it. Can someone please just point me in the right
> direction?  Any help would be much appreciated.

>   "May you live as long as you like, and love as long as you live."

Josh,

If you're using CRecordset or CDaoRecordset,  the current data members
are usually mapped to variables / attributes of those classes.  They are
transferred from your dialog box to those members in a dialog member
function called by UpdateData( bSaveandValidate ) - (Forgive me I'm not
with my compiler right now and can't remember the function name that
actually does this.)

When you call CRecordset::Update() the class transfers it from the class
attributes to the database.  At least that's the way I understand it.
Hope this helps.

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DAO & Indexes - Adding records/Current record

2. Having problems adding record.

3. Problem adding record to blank Access Table using DAO

4. MS Access add record problem

5. Problem in adding new records using CRecordset class (in dialogbox)

6. Add records with a DataGrid Control

7. Adding records to the beginning of a file

8. unable to add a record

9. Cannot add more than one record to a file

10. adding hex bytes (S-Record)

11. Updating/Adding a new record that already exists in the db

12. adding records