VC++ Native access to SQL-Server
Author Message
 VC++ Native access to SQL-Server

Does anyone know if it is possible for a VC++ program to connect
directly to a Sql-Server database over the network without using ODBC
or equivalent?

If it is possible, would it be a good idea?

Best Regards,
Richard.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ Native access to SQL-Server
There is API for it. You need SQL Server client on the machine for it.
AFAIK, ODBC for MS SQL Server uses this API. It is called DBLib, I think.

Is it a good idea? Nooo! Too complicated. You have MFC DB classes (DAO and
ODBC) and ADO (MUCH better, at least for me).

Goran.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server "native accessing"

2. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from 16 bit ODBC Application (VC++ 1.5)

3. Help with database access(sql server) thru vc++.net/mfc

4. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from a VC++ 1.5 ODBC application

5. Perform SQL statement in VC++ against MS SQL Server 7.0

6. Help:Accessing SQL server thro' MS-Access

7. Date format with SQL Server and Vc++

8. Storing date/time value on SQL server with milliseconds resolution using vc++ and ado 2.0

9. Accessing both Access db and SQLServer db faster from VC++

10. How copy several db table from sql server to access or from access to sql server?

11. Pocket PC access to SQL Server 2000

12. Access SQL Server 2000 Data Analysis Services