Passing ODBC-Connection Handle to COM-Object
Author Message
 Passing ODBC-Connection Handle to COM-Object

Hi there

I'm developing a COM Component
(server as DLL with Visual C++) that accesses a database
through ODBC.

Now, does anybody know how to pass a handle for
an open DB connection to my COM Component?

Because I want my server (COM-Object) to use an existing
DB connection from the client.
The server should create a new CDatabase-Object but with an existing
DB connection.

Thanks for an answer.

David

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can one pass a connection to a COM object

2. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

3. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

4. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

5. LOOKING FOR: ATL Com+ C++ Object Pooled Connection Object (PAID JOB)

6. Passing a COM object to a non-COM aware class

7. COM/ATL novice:passing object pointers through methods on a COM interface

8. Passing an Excel COM object to a C++ COM Server

9. passing objects from VB as VARIANT to COM server object failing

10. passing objects from VB as VARIANT to COM server object failing

11. Get driver name from ODBC, have connection handle

12. COM and passing an opened database connection