ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement
Author Message
 ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement

The use of this statement generate the following warning:

warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result
still unsigned

from: RecordCreateOptionsEnum: adCreateStructDoc

how can i avoid this (without a pragma disable statement)  ?

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:00:04 GMT
 ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement
As far as I know, you can't, without removing the #import and replacing it
with an #include of a suitable .h file.  This appears to be a bug/limitation
of the compiler's #import handling.

Quote:
> The use of this statement generate the following warning:

> warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result
> still unsigned

> from: RecordCreateOptionsEnum: adCreateStructDoc

> how can i avoid this (without a pragma disable statement)  ?

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:08:53 GMT
 ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement

Quote:
> The use of this statement generate the following warning:

> warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result
> still unsigned

> from: RecordCreateOptionsEnum: adCreateStructDoc

> how can i avoid this (without a pragma disable statement)  ?

Since the code is not under your control, and you cannot change it, no
matter what you do, this is (IMO) an appropriate place to use the disable
warning pragma.

However, if you were concerned that using this pragma would hide errors in
your own code that you'd like to be warned about, simply do this

#pragma warning(push)
#pragma warning(disable: 4146)
#import <msado15.dll>
#pragma warning(pop)

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:38:46 GMT
 ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement
Thanks for your answer. My problem is that ADO SDK documentation do not
tell about header files.

Each class is documented without refering to any language. For each class there
are samples, but each sample use
the #import statement.

So the new question is :
Do you know where are documented the header files for ADO classes ?

Quote:

> As far as I know, you can't, without removing the #import and replacing it
> with an #include of a suitable .h file.  This appears to be a bug/limitation
> of the compiler's #import handling.

> > The use of this statement generate the following warning:

> > warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result
> > still unsigned

> > from: RecordCreateOptionsEnum: adCreateStructDoc

> > how can i avoid this (without a pragma disable statement)  ?

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:00:03 GMT
 ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement
There are some ADO include files in the Platform SDK.  Also, you could use
the #import for the first compile -- that will generate .tlh and .tli files
which you can then #include in place of the #import.

You can then modify the tlh/tli files to compile cleanly -- since ADO is a
system component, you shouldn't have to rebuild the generated files.

Quote:
> Thanks for your answer. My problem is that ADO SDK documentation do not
> tell about header files.

> Each class is documented without refering to any language. For each class
there
> are samples, but each sample use
> the #import statement.

> So the new question is :
> Do you know where are documented the header files for ADO classes ?

> > As far as I know, you can't, without removing the #import and replacing
it
> > with an #include of a suitable .h file.  This appears to be a
bug/limitation
> > of the compiler's #import handling.

> > > The use of this statement generate the following warning:

> > > warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result
> > > still unsigned

> > > from: RecordCreateOptionsEnum: adCreateStructDoc

> > > how can i avoid this (without a pragma disable statement)  ?

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:41:03 GMT

1. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

2. #import, ADO errors with msado15.tli generation ?

3. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

4. alternative to #import <msxml2.dll>

5. VC 6.0 #import <olemsg32.dll> error

6. VC 6.0 #import <olemsg32.dll> error

7. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

9. IN Atl7.0 where to import msado15.dll

10. Importing MSADO15.dll

11. Importing msado15.dll

12. Unable to import msado15.dll