open connection using Prividers and DSN not data source
Author Message
 open connection using Prividers and DSN not data source

Hello

           I want open connection using "Providers=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
and DSN name not using the data source.using providers and DSN I want open
database connection is possible ?

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:12:42 GMT
 open connection using Prividers and DSN not data source
veeruchowdary

I think you want to connect to an OLEBD Provider using an ODBC driver -- have a
look at Carl Protman's ADO Connection web page at;
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#OLEDBProviderForODBCDatab...

best regards
Roy Fine

Quote:
> Hello

>            I want open connection using "Providers=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
> and DSN name not using the data source.using providers and DSN I want open
> database connection is possible ?

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:59:08 GMT
 open connection using Prividers and DSN not data source
Hi there,

Take a look at my article on the following address :
http://www.codeproject.com/database/simpleado.asp

I suppose you mixed up a little bit because when you are specifing a DSN in
your connection string there is no need to specify the OLEDB provider too,
because in your DSN in ODBC you have specified that your database is an
ACCESS database.

--
M. Shokuie Nia,
MSVC++, SQL, ADO programmer & contractor developer

Quote:
> Hello

>            I want open connection using

"Providers=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
Quote:
> and DSN name not using the data source.using providers and DSN I want open
> database connection is possible ?

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:46:21 GMT

1. problem in using Recordset to open ORACLE database via ODBC system data source

2. Add data connection to Oracle 7.3 data source = CRASH

3. Using trusted DSN connection

4. Unable to open ODBC file dsn using OpenEx method

5. problem when not using DSN on program exit

6. FTP: 425 can't open data connection ( in Client side )

7. User DSN vs Sys DSN vs File DSN.

8. FTP: 425 can't open data connection ( in Client side )

9. Re-Establishing Data Source Connections in CRecordset-Based Applications

10. Connection opened but not available?

11. Open database connection using [WebMethod]?

12. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE