Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97
Author Message
 Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97

I have a VC++ application that reads and updates an MS Access Database. I am using DAO to interface with the Access database. The application is able to do all the database manipulations just fine. However, VC++ does not provide any built-in mechanism to print or view reports developed in MS Access.

I have tried to use the msacc8.olb type library to provide the capability to print and view reports. Unfortunately, there is little or no documentation on the classes and or how they should be used. Has anyone ever tried to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Is there documentation available that discusses the access type library classes and how to use them from VC++?

Thanks
Mark

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97

A more readable text message. I didn't know the message wouldn't
wrap.

I have a VC++ application that reads and updates an MS Access
Database. I am using DAO to interface with the Access database.
The application is able to do all the database manipulations
just fine. However, VC++ does not provide any built-in mechanism
to print or view reports developed in MS Access.

I have tried to use the msacc8.olb type library to provide the
capability to print and view reports. Unfortunately, there is
little or no documentation on the classes and or how they should
be used. Has anyone ever tried to do this? Is there a better way
to accomplish what I am trying to do? Is there documentation
available that discusses the access type library classes and how
to use them from VC++?

Thanks
Mark

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.codeguru.com/    The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Access Reports, Printing and Viewing

2. Printing Access reports using VC++

3. How add report in MS Access automation ????

4. Printing Access reports using VC++

5. Crystal Reports: SQL Server & MS VC++ 6.0

6. Creating ActiveX controls to print on MS Access reports

7. Printing MS Access report from MFC program

8. Problem linking with Crystal Reports and MS VC++ 6.0 Professional

9. Using MS VC++ to access MS Excel Spreadsheet objects

10. Crystal Reports 7.0 MFC bug (VC++ 6.0 / CRPE / Access / ODBC)

11. MS Access 97 Reports in VC Application?

12. Crystal Reports 7.0 MFC bug (VC++ 6.0 / CRPE / Access / ODBC)