DAO and UNC name
Author Message
 DAO and UNC name

Hi,

I've a customer having trouble opening a database using
CDaoDatabase::Open(..) with a UNC path as the database path. Is there
any reason that DAO should be having troupble with it?

Any easy way to replicate a UNC path without a networked computer?

Thanks for any help!

Patrick Nee

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO and UNC name

Just create a share. Then connect to the share using \\machine_name\share_na
me.

Quote:
>Hi,

>I've a customer having trouble opening a database using
>CDaoDatabase::Open(..) with a UNC path as the database path. Is there
>any reason that DAO should be having troupble with it?

>Any easy way to replicate a UNC path without a networked computer?

>Thanks for any help!

>Patrick Nee

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. UNC to named Drive

2. fopen for a UNC file name

3. Convert UNC name to Local Path

4. Win32 API to translate UNC Share name to resource

5. UNC file name in Win32 CreateFile starts DUN!

6. Help! Finding the local drive UNC name

7. NT Scheduler started program opens file using UNC name

8. Local Drive UNC names

9. mapped drives to UNC names

10. UNC file name in Win32 CreateFile starts DUN!

11. How do I get report names from access using DAO

12. Dao and field names