Compressing MS Access database from within DAO app
Author Message
 Compressing MS Access database from within DAO app

Can anybody help me

I have an MS Access database application running on a number of notebooks
being used by salesmen.  Orders being input by them using an MFC DAO
application are added and deleted on daily basis as is product data being
downloaded from central system.

My problem is that the database file on the notebook is growing to huge
size, and I want to be able to compress it from within the MFC DAO
application.  The notebooks do not have the MS Access product on the
notebook and anyway users would not be able to use it anyway.

Does anybody know of a way of doing this either using Execute(SQL) or
Database command around the DAO functions.

Any assistance most welcome

Rod.

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:55:17 GMT
 Compressing MS Access database from within DAO app
Rod,

Using MFC:
--> CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase(...)

Usind Dao Sdk:
--> CompactDatabase Method of  workspace

Marc.

> Can anybody help me

> I have an MS Access database application running on a number of notebooks
> being used by salesmen.  Orders being input by them using an MFC DAO
> application are added and deleted on daily basis as is product data being
> downloaded from central system.

> My problem is that the database file on the notebook is growing to huge
> size, and I want to be able to compress it from within the MFC DAO
> application.  The notebooks do not have the MS Access product on the
> notebook and anyway users would not be able to use it anyway.

> Does anybody know of a way of doing this either using Execute(SQL) or
> Database command around the DAO functions.

> Any assistance most welcome

> Rod.

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:47:50 GMT
 Compressing MS Access database from within DAO app
Marc:

You're a life saver  -  thanks very much -  Dont know how I missed that in
my searches through help

Regards

Rod.

Quote:
> Rod,

> Using MFC:
> --> CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase(...)

> Usind Dao Sdk:
> --> CompactDatabase Method of  workspace

> Marc.

> > Can anybody help me

> > I have an MS Access database application running on a number of
notebooks
> > being used by salesmen.  Orders being input by them using an MFC DAO
> > application are added and deleted on daily basis as is product data
being
> > downloaded from central system.

> > My problem is that the database file on the notebook is growing to huge
> > size, and I want to be able to compress it from within the MFC DAO
> > application.  The notebooks do not have the MS Access product on the
> > notebook and anyway users would not be able to use it anyway.

> > Does anybody know of a way of doing this either using Execute(SQL) or
> > Database command around the DAO functions.

> > Any assistance most welcome

> > Rod.

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:17:31 GMT

1. Using DAO classes to connect to secure MS-Access database

2. Retrieving updated information only from MS Access Database w/ MFC DAO

3. opening databases other than MS Access with DAO

4. Problem using DAO to open a secure MS Access database

5. Multiple apps accessing the same database (DAO + MFC)

6. Accessing an Access database within a Thread ?

7. Problem accessing Access 2000 database using DAO. - URGENT

8. Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box

9. Accessing MS Access Databases in VC++

10. Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

11. MS Web Browser Control child events within an App

12. MS Web Browser Control child events within an App