dynamic recordsets in mfc 4.2?
Author Message
 dynamic recordsets in mfc 4.2?

        I'm trying to write a CRecordset derived class that dynamically binds the
columns of any given table so that it can view any table chosen at runtime.
        I found an example (CDynCol32Set or something like that) in the knowledge
base that doesn't seem to work...CColumns fails to retrieve anything even
though the Open() call returns TRUE.
        Has anyone else dealt with this problem, or perhaps has a working dynamic
recordset?
        Perhaps someday something like this will become a part of MFC...

-Chris Odom

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 dynamic recordsets in mfc 4.2?

Try two sample programs available on the 4.2 CD [access through InfoView
is:
        Samples > MFC samples > Database Samples > CATALOG2 or DBFETCH

Good luck!

Quote:

>    I'm trying to write a CRecordset derived class that dynamically binds
the
> columns of any given table so that it can view any table chosen at
runtime.

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. new problem with msvc 4.2 and odbc recordset

2. MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)

3. MFC 4.2 and MFC 5.0 questions

4. The DAOSDK 3.5 libraries will not operate correctly if built with MFC older than 4.2

5. MFC 4.2 - CLongBinary, ODBC, SyBase, Lead

6. MFC 4.0 -> 4.2 AddNew/Update/MoveFirst problem

7. ACCESS update via MFC ( VC++ 4.2) classes using ODBC

8. Problems debugging MFC under VC 4.2 with separate VC 5.0 installation present

9. VC++ 4.2 MFC - Possible bug in the Copy member function of a CArray template

10. Problems relating the Win32 Development with VC++ 4.2 and MFC

11. Using HTML help with VC 5.0 and MFC 4.2

12. Visual C++ 4.2 or 5.0? MFC or JFC