Jet 3.5 Error
Author Message
 Jet 3.5 Error

I wrote an application with MS Visual C++ using DAO database access via Jet
3.5.

The application uses SQL functions SUM and AVG:

i.e.:
rs.Open(dbOpenDynaset,"Select Avg(einheiten) AS Emit,Sum(einheiten) AS Esum
FROM gebuehr");

The programm runs well on this PC, where Visual C++ is installed.

When i distribute the application on customers PC by installing the programm
and
jet engine from visual c++ cd (daosdk\redist) programm fails with access
violation on
WIN95, WIN98 and NT4.0.
It fails on when using SQL function like AVG and SUM; all other Database
Access functions
works well.

Somebody can help ?

Michael Debus
Germany

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet 3.5 Error
Sounds like a problem with the Jet expression service (vbajet32.dll,
expsrv.dll).  Check the versions of these DLLs and make sure thay match
those on a known "good" machine

Quote:

>I wrote an application with MS Visual C++ using DAO database access via Jet
>3.5.

>The application uses SQL functions SUM and AVG:

>i.e.:
>rs.Open(dbOpenDynaset,"Select Avg(einheiten) AS Emit,Sum(einheiten) AS Esum
>FROM gebuehr");

>The programm runs well on this PC, where Visual C++ is installed.

>When i distribute the application on customers PC by installing the
programm
>and
>jet engine from visual c++ cd (daosdk\redist) programm fails with access
>violation on
>WIN95, WIN98 and NT4.0.
>It fails on when using SQL function like AVG and SUM; all other Database
>Access functions
>works well.

>Somebody can help ?

>Michael Debus
>Germany

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem intalling Microsoft Jet 3.5

2. How Do I Remove a User with Jet 3.5 and VC++

3. VC 4.2 with Jet 3.5

4. Jet 3.5

5. Rebuilding dbDAO to use Jet 3.5?

6. Rebuilding dbDAO to use Jet 3.5?

7. ADO/ATL/Jet 3.5 Provider problem

8. Annoying Jet 3.5 OLE DB deployment problems

9. Unable to store CLongBinary or CByteArray as OLE Object in Jet 3.5

10. Help - DAO and JET 3.5 and Memory Usage

11. Jet 3.5 Database keeps corrupting

12. Does JET 3.5 work on SMP machines?