SQL/VC++ Updates: Can't update recordset
Author Message
 SQL/VC++ Updates: Can't update recordset

Previously:

Using VC++ 5.0, SQL Srvr 6.5, and IIS 3.0
Database Interaction Included:

  CDatabase dbProperty;  // This is the connection to the ODBC DSN
  if( ! dbProperty.Open( _T( "PropertyBook" ), FALSE, FALSE, _T( "ODBC;"
) ) )

   rsOffice rsOfficeSet( &dbProperty ); // Connection to the DB table
   rsOfficeSet.Open();
   if( ! rsOfficeSet.CanAppend() )

The 'append' test succeeded.  (Indicated you COULD append to the table).

Currently:

Using VC++ 6.0, SQL Srvr 7.0, and IIS 4.0
Database Interaction Includes:

  CDatabase dbProperty;
 if( ! dbProperty.OpenEx( _T( "DSN=PropertyBook" ),
Database::noOdbcDialog ) )
   rsOffice rsOfficeSet( &dbProperty ); // Connection to the DB table
   rsOfficeSet.Open();
   if( ! rsOfficeSet.CanAppend() )

The 'append' test fails.  (Indicates you CANNOT append to the table).

I can read data from the table, I just can't write to it.  If I query
the table within SQL Query Analyzer, I can make changes to the table and
save them.  Therefore I know the table is 'updateable'.  I am going
bonkers trying to figure this one out.  PLEASE HELP.  Any ideas?
Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating records in a recordset defined by an SQL join

2. Capturing SQL statements for Recordset Updates

3. Problem for updating 'snapshot' recordset

4. Can't update my SQL-database

5. Can't update my SQL-database

6. SQL Text?!?! How to update with VC++

7. SQL Text?!?! How to update with VC++

8. Slow Record Addition using VC++ CRecordSet's AddNew and Update functions

9. VC's IDE Auto-List-Members feature after SP5 Update

10. ADO Recordset.Update crash on a multiprocessor machine

11. UpdateType in DAO35 Recordset object methods Update() and CancelUpdate()

12. Updating a Recordset using COM