Oracle 8 blob field - CRecordset binding
Author Message
 Oracle 8 blob field - CRecordset binding

Env. : Win NT4 (sp3) + VC++ 5 (sp3) + IE4 + Oracle 8.0.3 for NT

Hi,

I'm migrating a MFC app working with a SQL Server database to an Oracle 8
database and I'm trying to create a derived CRecordset class on a table
from an Oracle 8 server. This table contains a BLOB field I want to bind.

- Witch MFC type do I have to use for the CRecordset member variable ?

- I have also tried to do that binding with classwizard but the wizard
display "INVALID" in the type listbox for that field. What's wrong ?

I've also another practical question :

- Where can I found information (white papers, web sites, newsgroups, )
on Oracle 8 development with Visual C++ 5 using the MFC odbc classes
(CDatabase and CRecordset) ?

Rem :
- I can't use the LONG RAW oracle type instead of BLOB because I need at
least two binary columns in the same table (witch is impossible with LONG
RAW).
- I've done these tests with the Oracle ODBC Driver (ver. 8.00.0300) and
with the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle (ver. 2.00.006325).

--

Thanks in advance.
Gaetano Di Gregorio.

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Oracle 8 blob field - CRecordset binding

2. How to Operate Oracle BLOB Field Using ADO or OLEDB

3. Binding CRecordset fields at runtime

4. CRecordset -- bind fields after Open() ?

5. Using CRecordset::AddNew() and CRecordset::Edit() with IDENTITY fields

6. Storing BLOBS into Oracle 9i DB with VC++

7. Much ADO about nothing?--Oracle BLOBs and ADO 2.0

8. Using ADO recordset binding to retrieve BLOBs

9. How to bind a BLOB column using CManualAccessor?

10. Insert blob data into oracle using ADO

11. CDynamicAccessor (MDAC 2.5) frees blob binding

12. Oracle Blob write/read with c#