VC, ODBC, Access - error when call Update( )
Author Message
 VC, ODBC, Access - error when call Update( )

I am running VC++, with ODBC for an Access database.  I am using the
CRecordset (and CRecordview) classes.  The Access tables are simple
ones, each with an AutoIncrement field, and some float, int, and text
fields.

When I AddNew(), set some fields, and then Update(), I get the error :
Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine '<my
machine name>'.

NOW, I know someone else reported this problem, and I have tried all
three of the suggestions posted.  But in my case, on one particular
table, only a reboot works.  (And I have rebuilt the Recordset for this
table, and see nothing different about it, or how I use it.)

But this means I have to reboot every other time I run the de{*filter*},
which would mean rebooting every few minutes.  I can't do that!

Please, someone help me with this. It's driving me crazy, and dragging
my productivity down to nil.

Thanks much!

Judy

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VC, ODBC, Access - error when call Update( )
Judy - I am having the same proplem.  Could you please post the
previously suggested fixes?

Thanks, Sam

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:48:17 -0800, Judy Komorita

Quote:

>I am running VC++, with ODBC for an Access database.  I am using the
>CRecordset (and CRecordview) classes.  The Access tables are simple
>ones, each with an AutoIncrement field, and some float, int, and text
>fields.

>When I AddNew(), set some fields, and then Update(), I get the error :
>Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine '<my
>machine name>'.

>NOW, I know someone else reported this problem, and I have tried all
>three of the suggestions posted.  But in my case, on one particular
>table, only a reboot works.  (And I have rebuilt the Recordset for this
>table, and see nothing different about it, or how I use it.)

>But this means I have to reboot every other time I run the de{*filter*},
>which would mean rebooting every few minutes.  I can't do that!

>Please, someone help me with this. It's driving me crazy, and dragging
>my productivity down to nil.

>Thanks much!

>Judy

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VC, ODBC, Access - error when call Update( )
I get this when I'm looking at a table in Access while my app is
running.  I can have the db open in Access at the same time, but not
viewing a table.  (There's probably another condition at play, like
having a field selected or highlighted, but I haven't bothered refining
the situation any further than that.)

--
Lynn Wallace                          http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
Be patient!  It took us forty million years for us to develop a thumb.

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating VC 6 program to VC .NET produces assertion error

2. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

3. VC 1.52 Jet ODBC updates

4. Updating or Inserting into an Access 97 table using ODBC

5. Obtaining updated Access ODBC drivers.

6. Access ODBC Update() fails

7. ACCESS update via MFC ( VC++ 4.2) classes using ODBC

8. Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

9. ODBC: "Multiple rows were updated" ERROR

10. VARIANT Error in VC 6.0 Access error

11. Need VC++6 Example to Update, Delete, Add and Search on Access Data

12. Which version vc++ odbc to access oracle