Cannot understand it..
Author Message
 Cannot understand it..

Hi,

 Ive got a Visual C++ application accessing an Access database, there are 2
threads accessing a 3 tables database; the application simulates a mail
server, so one of the tables acts as the mailboxes for users another table
holds users information and the other one holds the outgoing messages. My
problem is , that everything works fine until I send a message. When a
message is sent from any mail client (Outlook, i.e.) the message is first
stored in the database and sent to a device which tries to send it via a
wireless network.If its successful, it tells the server to delete the
message from the database; this works fine, but, after sending a message,
when I try to receive a new message and store it in the database (as a POP3
mail) the application crashes...... After tracing very patiently, I
discovered that when I try to access the database with a recordset for the
table I get a "simpleMemoryException"....that makes my program chrash even
if I catch it.....

 I wonder if someone could help me, 'cause after 2 days I cannot get why it
works always (never mind how much time its receiving messages) 'til I send
something...

 Regards,

Juan

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:50:06 GMT
 Cannot understand it..
If you can provide more information or code that explains what the 2 threads
are doing, and any shared resources or objects they might be using, that
might be helpful to troubleshoot more.

It almost sounds like after a message is successfully sent, and deleted from
the outgoing table, the recordset you use to store messages in the database
also becomes invalidated (perhaps a recordset is being confused between the
threads) and this is causing a memory exception.  It's hard to give any more
specifics without more specific code though.  Good luck!

--
Dave Williams
Eric Jarvi

> Hi,

>  Ive got a Visual C++ application accessing an Access database, there are
2
> threads accessing a 3 tables database; the application simulates a mail
> server, so one of the tables acts as the mailboxes for users another table
> holds users information and the other one holds the outgoing messages. My
> problem is , that everything works fine until I send a message. When a
> message is sent from any mail client (Outlook, i.e.) the message is first
> stored in the database and sent to a device which tries to send it via a
> wireless network.If its successful, it tells the server to delete the
> message from the database; this works fine, but, after sending a message,
> when I try to receive a new message and store it in the database (as a
POP3
> mail) the application crashes...... After tracing very patiently, I
> discovered that when I try to access the database with a recordset for the
> table I get a "simpleMemoryException"....that makes my program chrash even
> if I catch it.....

>  I wonder if someone could help me, 'cause after 2 days I cannot get why
it
> works always (never mind how much time its receiving messages) 'til I
send
> something...

>  Regards,

> Juan

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 02:57:17 GMT

1. Please help : cannot understand error mesg.

2. Cannot understand it..

3. Cannot generate typelibrary... please help understand

4. Learning Linked Lists, Code Attached, My understanding of code attached, Please confirm understanding

5. Do I need to understand COM before understanding OLE or vice-versa?

6. Still trying to understand .NET

7. <ADV> Training Sale: Understanding Objects

8. <ADV> Training Sale: Understanding Objects

9. Understanding the headers of the SDK

10. I don't understand the syntax.

11. Please help me understand this...

12. Please help, I don't understand