Ghost Methods in ATL Object
Author Message
 Ghost Methods in ATL Object

I recently ran into a problem with one of my ATL COM object.  Few months ago, I quickly developed an ATL COM object with a interface called IDspMsg, which has a method named iInitMsg, just for a fun of testing the ATL.

Time flies.  I deleted the source long time ago, leaving the DLL{*filter*} in the registry.  Now I developed a new object, happened to have the same interface name.  The new interface does not have any method named iInitMsg, but a whole lot of new methods.  When implementing the COM object into my MFC application, after typing the '->' and stop there for a second, I could not see any of the new methods.  However, I can see the old method of iInitMsg{*filter*} there.

How in the world I can remove that old, ghosting method in order to see new methods that I developed.

Thanks all.

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:32:45 GMT
 Ghost Methods in ATL Object

Old typelib got imported. Track it down, delete it and rebuild the app.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

  I recently ran into a problem with one of my ATL COM object.  Few months ago, I quickly developed an ATL COM object with a interface called IDspMsg, which has a method named iInitMsg, just for a fun of testing the ATL.

  Time flies.  I deleted the source long time ago, leaving the DLL{*filter*} in the registry.  Now I developed a new object, happened to have the same interface name.  The new interface does not have any method named iInitMsg, but a whole lot of new methods.  When implementing the COM object into my MFC application, after typing the '->' and stop there for a second, I could not see any of the new methods.  However, I can see the old method of iInitMsg{*filter*} there.

  How in the world I can remove that old, ghosting method in order to see new methods that I developed.

  Thanks all.

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:47:11 GMT
 Ghost Methods in ATL Object

Thanks for reply.  I did deleted the old type library.  Infact, I even rename the project file to produce a type library with a new name, and then import the new one, but the old method still there.  I even search for my entire disk for any file that contains the text 'iInitMsg', no file shows up.  But the old method still there on the source browse.

This really, really drives me nuts.

[...]

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:54:13 GMT
 Ghost Methods in ATL Object

Try also deleting temporary files VC creates - *.bsc, *.ncb. Then "Build all".
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

[...]

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:55:30 GMT
 Ghost Methods in ATL Object

The ghost method was stored in the workspace *.ncb file.  After deleting the ncb file and use rebuild all, the problem now is gone.

Thanks, Igor.

[...]

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:12:45 GMT

1. Returns a ATL Simple object by a method of another ATLSimple object

2. COM/ATL novice:passing object pointers through methods on a COM interface

3. "add method" on an atl-object

4. Getting error message while calling a method of the ATL object from ASP

5. Parameter object to ATL method

6. how to use enum type parametre in ATL object method (COM+)

7. Changing/Deleting Methods in COM/ATL Objects

8. HOWTO set the property type of an ATL object to be another ATL object

9. Using a ATL Object in another ATL Object

10. Using a ATL Object in another ATL Object

11. ATL objects, with objects, with more objects

12. Return a pointer to a nested COM object from a COM object method