Ole Automation Marshaller
Author Message
 Ole Automation Marshaller

I have an ATL server which exposes a dual interface and conforms to the
automation restricted datatypes.  I am trying to use the automation standard
marshaller with this interface but it doesn't seem to work.  Upon trying to
connect, I get HR = 0x80004002 or "No such interface supported."  Any ideas
what I may be missing.

I know that the interface is declared okay in IDL because our partner gave
us their IDL file which contains the interface and they are using the
automation marshaller fine.  This is the root of the problem.  They use the
automation marshaller, and we don't, but we implement the same interface,
CLSIDs etc.  This was done so that we can transparently switch COM servers
out by just unregistering one and registering the other.  To get our server
to work, we must register the proxy/stub on both sides.  To get their server
to work, we must unregister the proxy/stub and register their application on
both sides.

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ole Automation Marshaller

Quote:

>I have an ATL server which exposes a dual interface and conforms to the
>automation restricted datatypes.  I am trying to use the automation
standard
>marshaller with this interface but it doesn't seem to work.  Upon trying to
>connect, I get HR = 0x80004002 or "No such interface supported."  Any ideas
>what I may be missing.

Until someone else arrives, I'll take a try.

Are you sure this is a marshalling problem?  How?

It is possible for your code to return this error.  Is your class factory
activated?  Is the server running?  If you use the Ole/COM Object Viewer to
display your interface does it look ok?  Have you checked the registry keys
to be sure they are there?

Marvin E Budd
Command System Inc

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ole Automation Marshaller
Possibly the typelib might not have been registered.

Quote:
> I have an ATL server which exposes a dual interface and conforms to the
> automation restricted datatypes.  I am trying to use the automation
standard
> marshaller with this interface but it doesn't seem to work.  Upon trying
> connect, I get HR = 0x80004002 or "No such interface supported."  Any
ideas
> what I may be missing.

> I know that the interface is declared okay in IDL because our partner gave
> us their IDL file which contains the interface and they are using the
> automation marshaller fine.  This is the root of the problem.  They use
the
> automation marshaller, and we don't, but we implement the same interface,
> CLSIDs etc.  This was done so that we can transparently switch COM servers
> out by just unregistering one and registering the other.  To get our
server
> to work, we must register the proxy/stub on both sides.  To get their
server
> to work, we must unregister the proxy/stub and register their application
on
> both sides.

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ole Automation Marshaller
How do you register the typelib?  I've heard of the utility regtlb32 but I
don't seem to have it...

Quote:
> Possibly the typelib might not have been registered.

> > I have an ATL server which exposes a dual interface and conforms to the
> > automation restricted datatypes.  I am trying to use the automation
> standard
> > marshaller with this interface but it doesn't seem to work.  Upon trying
> > connect, I get HR = 0x80004002 or "No such interface supported."  Any
> ideas
> > what I may be missing.

> > I know that the interface is declared okay in IDL because our partner
gave
> > us their IDL file which contains the interface and they are using the
> > automation marshaller fine.  This is the root of the problem.  They use
> the
> > automation marshaller, and we don't, but we implement the same
interface,
> > CLSIDs etc.  This was done so that we can transparently switch COM
servers
> > out by just unregistering one and registering the other.  To get our
> server
> > to work, we must register the proxy/stub on both sides.  To get their
> server
> > to work, we must unregister the proxy/stub and register their
application
> on
> > both sides.

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ole Automation Marshaller
Nevermind...  I thought the exe was regtlb32.exe but it is regtlib.exe...
That was the problem and everything is working now...

Quote:
> How do you register the typelib?  I've heard of the utility regtlb32 but I
> don't seem to have it...

> > Possibly the typelib might not have been registered.

> > > I have an ATL server which exposes a dual interface and conforms to
the
> > > automation restricted datatypes.  I am trying to use the automation
> > standard
> > > marshaller with this interface but it doesn't seem to work.  Upon
trying
> > > connect, I get HR = 0x80004002 or "No such interface supported."  Any
> > ideas
> > > what I may be missing.

> > > I know that the interface is declared okay in IDL because our partner
> gave
> > > us their IDL file which contains the interface and they are using the
> > > automation marshaller fine.  This is the root of the problem.  They
use
> > the
> > > automation marshaller, and we don't, but we implement the same
> interface,
> > > CLSIDs etc.  This was done so that we can transparently switch COM
> servers
> > > out by just unregistering one and registering the other.  To get our
> > server
> > > to work, we must register the proxy/stub on both sides.  To get their
> > server
> > > to work, we must unregister the proxy/stub and register their
> application
> > on
> > > both sides.

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to perform OLE Automation

2. OLE automation and Symantec PC AnyWhere Scheduled Tasks

3. Builting an OLE automation server

4. OLE Automation in C

5. OLE Automation in C

6. OLE Automation in C

7. Documentation for OLE automation

8. OLE Automation: How to load Word-Document from DAO

9. Saving and retrieving Ole-Automation objects from Dao and MFC using CLongBinary class

10. CDaoDatabase, Access, & OLE Automation Error

11. OLE Automation error

12. RichEdit Control and OLE Automation